Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 07:58 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,447 times

Advertisements

I've been craving some for a while now and I can't find any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 08:23 PM

157 posts, read 307,485 times
Mastros Ocean Club, Eddie V's

Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Near a body of water...?!

Joke aside, I haven't seen bigger selection in town than here: Directions to the 17th Street Market : TreasuresHidden.com

Old 11-16-2007, 09:20 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
I'm with you, Dieter.

Considering the distance from any body of water, great fresh seafood is basically impossible.

No matter how it is handled, once frozen and/or aged. seafood just doesn't taste quite the same.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:52 PM

683 posts, read 2,651,450 times
My nephew went down to Rocky Point today and I'm looking forward to him bringing back shrimp and scallops. I'll be enjoying "shrimps on the barbie" Sunday night. So that's my recommendation, find someone going to Rocky Point for the weekend and talk them into bringing something back for you. Or even better, take a trip down there yourself. Thanksgiving weekend could be a fun time to go there.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
My nephew went down to Rocky Point today and I'm looking forward to him bringing back shrimp and scallops. I'll be enjoying "shrimps on the barbie" Sunday night. So that's my recommendation, find someone going to Rocky Point for the weekend and talk them into bringing something back for you. Or even better, take a trip down there yourself. Thanksgiving weekend could be a fun time to go there.
Absolutely, but can't be done every day...

Where'd ya live...?! In reference to the text in bold red! It's still only Saturday...

Old 11-18-2007, 06:54 AM

83 posts, read 476,194 times
We had dinner last night at Blue Point in La Encantada. My wife and I had sea bass that was as fresh and well prepared as any I have had on either coast. It was not inexpensive, but was worth every penny. I assure you, we'll be going back.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:06 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecloebl View Post
We had dinner last night at Blue Point in La Encantada. My wife and I had sea bass that was as fresh and well prepared as any I have had on either coast. It was not inexpensive, but was worth every penny. I assure you, we'll be going back.
I'll have to check that place out.

I'm looking for a seafood store that'd have more of an exotic selection than Bashas' or Fry's, though, I should've been more specific.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:49 AM

83 posts, read 476,194 times
Quote:
I'll have to check that place out.

I'm looking for a seafood store that'd have more of an exotic selection than Bashas' or Fry's, though, I should've been more specific.
My wife made crab cakes last night with crab meat from Costco, and they were superb! That is quite a complement coming from a Maryland native.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
So now that you ate your huge fresh shrimp, you thought it was safe to show up again, huh, Billy?! Haven't forgotten... or forgiven...!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson