Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 10:47 PM

13 posts, read 16,445 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm considering renting at a mobile home park at 238 w delano st

I'm not from Tuscon, so would appreciate your advice

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 07:35 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,011,103 times
hey Scott and Happy Xmas....

have you decided on Tucson (spelled that way!) over Ohio?.....if so, that area is not that great....we don't have grinding poverty and war-zone style slums like some areas out east, but take a look at Google Maps Street View for that address for what the junkier mobile home parks look like out here.....

why have you chosen Tucson?.....best of luck to you

Old 12-25-2013, 08:58 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,199,822 times
I lived at 41 W Delano 11-12 years ago for dirt cheap, and the area was decent enough. I'm not sure about now. I liked the proximity to the Tucson Mall area (which has been improved since then by leaps and bounds) and Interstate 10. Generally, the area around Delano is rather impoverished. Your trailer park neighbors may not speak English. I would expect there to be a lot of property crimes in that zip code. However, you'll find that to be a problem throughout most of Tucson.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:54 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,576,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotttty View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm considering renting at a mobile home park at 238 w delano st

I'm not from Tuscon, so would appreciate your advice

Thanks
Personally, Scotttty . . . I have a feeling you could do better.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:19 AM

461 posts, read 1,308,444 times
I agree with the others. I would try to find another location.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:23 PM

41 posts, read 79,051 times
Much better places and deals here to buy or rent.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:51 AM

112 posts, read 272,290 times
Hi Scotttty,

May I suggest using Google Earth!! Google Earth is your friend!! If you don't already have it it's easy to download just Google "Google Earth" and follow the directions. In a couple of "clicks" you'll be able to view a property as if you were standing on the sidewalk in person.

Look for things like is the property well-kept or are there bars on the doors/windows. When you think the address of interest is appealing check out the rest of that neighborhood. A good location will present a good overall appearance. Using the address you mentioned...may I suggest looking elsewhere...perhaps more north (Sam's Club on Stone/River area seems nice and is next to the Tucson Mall, which in my humble opinion is the nicest mall here) or more northeast or more southeast or southwest.

I moved to Tucson from out of state. Google Earth was an ENORMOUS help in deciding where to live...that and this Forum was also a huge help (thank you ). Come back here often and you'll see who the frequent conversationalists are. You might want to check out the real estate section here. Someone I've seen post quite often and has had a lot of good information to share is "RickTucsonHomes". Considering what home prices are here you might also want to ask him about renting verses buying.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your move to Tucson.

Last edited by finernfrogfur; 01-04-2014 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: Added a thought...rent/buying

Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 AM

3,610 posts, read 1,199,822 times
There is no shortage of trailer courts in Tucson. That's for sure.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:28 AM

18 posts, read 27,838 times
I lived in Tucson three and a half years ago so maybe things have changed, but I will agree with others and advise another location. I lived near the corner of speedway and stone which is around a 1.5 to 2 miles from where you want to move. Here are a couple of things I can tell you: you will hear gunshots in the middle of the night and you will also hear helicopters in the middle of night flying around looking for suspects.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:14 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,011,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alright_alright_alright View Post
Here are a couple of things I can tell you: you will hear gunshots in the middle of the night and you will also hear helicopters in the middle of night flying around looking for suspects.

well, hell, that applies to almost every part of town....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson