U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 01:25 AM

3,906 posts, read 6,260,883 times

Advertisements

I recently attended my first basketball game at UofA as a guest of an alumni. First, let me say that the campus is nice and the people were also kind and cordial. While getting a tour of the campus I was invited to a pre-game banquet in the Hall of Champions where I got to enjoy a delicious meal as Damon Stoudamire spoke about the current team. Then it was into the gym to get my seat for the game. I figured we'd sit high up in the stands, but my host kept walking down towards the court finally stopping in the third row! I was nearly in the team huddle! One of the highlights was getting to meet and take pictures with Lute Olsen and his wife! I also got to meet Bill Walton who called the game for ESPN. All in all, it was a great night and I still can't get over how nice people were down there! The university and community are definitely an asset to the state!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 11:21 AM

33,389 posts, read 32,805,136 times
between fred snowden, lute olsen, and sean miller, arizona has built a fan friendly basketball base. these guys would not tolerate rude inconsiderate fans, which is why this is a great place to get beaten regularly by the wildcats.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:17 PM

8,873 posts, read 15,612,242 times
My Pennsylvania-native mother, by way of knowing Sean Miller's parents, became a dedicated Wildcats fan when we moved here. I often joke with her that she would trade any one of her kids over for Sean any day. He's perfect, doncha know? We don't get all of the games on TV because we don't have that PAC12 channel. In which case I have to put a radio by her favorite chair so she can listen. My brother (who is a Wildcats season ticket holder for football) took Mom to a game at McKale Center this season, which was a production given her mobility issues. But he succeeded and they both had a great time. It was the first time in her 88 years my mother had ever seen a college BB game in person, even though she's been watching them on TV since TV was invented. So the team's success has certainly livened up my household and I congratulate them for their great season and PAC12 championship. We're all looking forward to March Madness.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:36 PM

16,052 posts, read 28,343,126 times
My father has the same feeling about Sean Miller when he was at Xavier, although he never got the same level of attention in Cincinnati that he gets in Tucson.

How difficult is it to score a couple of basketball tickets for the average home game if you do NOT have season tickets?

Old 03-30-2014, 11:08 AM

22,962 posts, read 24,096,922 times
Got this from a Tucson friend this AM, kinda embarrassing.

University of Arizona students riot after NCAA Tournament loss | Fox News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson