U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 06:42 PM

85 posts, read 169,584 times

Advertisements

We are considering retiring in the tucson area. We currently live in phoenix but we are concerned about the air quality.

We want an active adult community but want the option to participate in activities outside our community.

Questions - green valley recreation seems to require a deed restriction. Is this available to residents in the active adult communities such as quail creek? Should we be concerned about signing a restriction if one is not already in place?

We play pickleball and bridge and enjoy hiking. I do pottery and would like as much access as possible to a studio. Also - i would prefer cone 10 firing but would at least want cone 5 available. Any suggestions on good communities for us?

we would prefer privacy walls in the backyard and prefer gas cooking. We would also want our own hot tub and a three car garage.

hoa fees and activity fees - differences between robson and del webb.

any and all help is really appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 08:08 PM

8,875 posts, read 15,042,189 times
You might want to look into the Robson communities SaddleBrooke and SaddleBrooke Ranch, north of Oro Valley. SB Ranch is newer and the residents tend to be a bit younger although people are active and energetic at the original SB, too. SB Ranch has a fantastic art facility set up for painting, sculpture, pottery, stained glass work, and even sewing. I've never been in any of the houses at the original and golf-centric SaddleBrooke, but I've toured homes at SB Ranch (on the other side of Route 77). They are gorgeous, single-family places on decent-sized lots that are quite private. I don't remember seeing a three-car garage, but there are a lot of two-car garages with an additional space for a golf cart (which is how most of the residents get around the huge complex). Some people even have their own pools, in spite of the fact that the community pools are resort-style, so I'm sure a hot tub would be no problem.

La Hacienda Club: Tucson, AZ | SaddleBrooke Ranch Active Adult Luxury Retirement Communities

Old 09-28-2014, 09:53 PM

8,348 posts, read 14,311,495 times
I live just 2 miles south of Oro Valley, and I have a friend that lives near SB in Catalina. SB area is just beautiful and it is so green. At least right now it is from all the rain. I love all the rolling hills with the mountain views. It seems so uncrowded and quiet whenever I visit in that area. Yet it is still close to Tucson, though the lack of fwy's nearby, can make it a drive to get anywhere. That's another story. I seem to always be in or near OV itself. I think it is very scenic also, but I can't say I feel comfortable in that community. It just doesn't feel all that friendly to me, vs other areas of Tucson I have been in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson