Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 02:45 PM

16 posts, read 64,758 times

Advertisements

I have started a Tucson City Wiki, at Welcome [Tucson Complete], that is growing quite nicely. However, to this point the contributers have been limited mainly to myself and a few others here and there. Would anyone be interested in throwing up some of their own experiences and things along these lines? To get an idea of some of the pages and what direction the page is going check out the following links:

reid_park_dog_park [Tucson Complete]
lukes_italian_beef [Tucson Complete]
fred_enke_golf_course [Tucson Complete]

Would love to have any contributions... most businesses and people really enjoy what is there at the moment and find the idea to be a good one. Looking forward to any contributions you guys might have!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 03:09 PM

No takers I take it...

Old 02-03-2008, 03:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBChallenger View Post
No takers I take it...
Looks like it so far, but you never know... I'm too lazy for serious writing myself and besides I'm not really "in love" with Tucson. You don't want me even if I volunteered! Would give you such a spin on each topic that will make your head spin!

It's nice you're doing it, though.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:13 PM

Haha, that works... thanks for replying anyways. The thing is just getting underway, maybe I can keep growing it at a good rate.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 AM

BTW, the main reason I started this website was so that people asking the everyday question that are on here could have a central place to go and learn about Tucson... even though there appears to be no interest I'll take one last shot at begging a few people to stop in and add content, local businesses and the like really appreciate the concept. Sorry for the last begging plea. And of course gotta throw in one more link to demonstrate what kind of info it can provide, heres one on Luke Restaurant:

Old 02-07-2008, 12:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBChallenger View Post
BTW, the main reason I started this website was so that people asking the everyday question that are on here could have a central place to go and learn about Tucson... even though there appears to be no interest I'll take one last shot at begging a few people to stop in and add content, local businesses and the like really appreciate the concept. Sorry for the last begging plea. And of course gotta throw in one more link to demonstrate what kind of info it can provide, heres one on Luke Restaurant:

You know, not that I don't appreciate your effort, but all this info has been around on various sites for years. People just don't wanna bother. They won't even read a thread on the very same topic that's still on 1st page.... They hope there will always be somebody who will waste his time to answer the same questions for the n-th time instead of them moving their eyes down the page... Would be nice if this forum at least had some stickies on top, FAQ or something else to that effect, but it doesn't.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:17 PM

SierraVista, I am 100% sure that you are right about that one. I should have said that I intended for the information to be available for anyone asking question such as the ones found on here. The site gets alot of search engine hits etc and already contains more detailed info on some topics than many websites out there. It was more just a plead to get people with knowledge that I dont have to contribute for the good of all. Out of the 740 current pages I think I have personally created roughl 720 of them, which is fine... it just takes away from the concept of having a broad scope from different perspectives, which is what a wiki is all about.

At least someone pays attention to my begging and pleading in somre or fashion... hehe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: