U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:20 AM

1,030 posts, read 2,363,106 times

Advertisements

Go on to the site NextDoor and post the question about realtors. Pretty good folks there, lots of info:

https://nextdoor.com/city/green-valley--az/

Rich
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:41 AM

692 posts, read 511,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArniBoy View Post
So, just a little heads up. My wife doesn't sell in that area, however, she had an out of state client that wanted a house there, so they made an offer, which was accepted. What the buyer, and my wife, where not aware of, and wasn't clearly stated in the closing document, is that all of Green Valley is part of what is called Green Valley Rec, and that when you buy a house in GV, the buyers are responsible for a $3000 transfer fee.

Any agents you are dealing with, should be aware of this, and it should be plainly outlined in your closing statement. For most agents that don't specialize in the GV area, this is not a known caveat of purchasing there, so just make sure to ask your agent, so you are aware of that big transfer fee upon purchase. I believe the yearly dues are like $500 also...I included a link below for reference.

https://www.gvrec.org/
Not all Green Valley homes are part of GVR. The connection to GVR is part of the deed to the home. I do NOT agree with this and I did NOT want to be under the rule of an HOA. I found a home in Green Valley that did not have an HOA, age restrictions, nor any connection to GVR. These are things that you should let your real estate agent be aware of if you do not want them so they can screen for homes that meet your requirements. Many homes have HOA's, age restriction and GVR, but not all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: