U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:40 AM

604 posts, read 820,162 times

Advertisements

We're visiting the area soon and would like to start a relationship with a Realtor who knows the 55+ communities in the area. Any recommends?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 03:53 PM

21,194 posts, read 22,250,558 times
Please give recommendations via DM only.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:26 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,446,853 times
My wife an I have used a very competent one for Green Valley. Send me a msg and I'll pass on his name.

Rich

Old 01-22-2015, 02:05 PM

7,453 posts, read 5,801,923 times
I sent you a PM about a really great realtor.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:37 AM

157 posts, read 326,621 times
Any realtor recommendation for Green Valley and Sahuarita would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-27-2021, 02:56 PM

4,316 posts, read 2,337,814 times
Reminder that realtor recommendations are allowed by DM only.

Old 03-01-2021, 12:39 PM

38 posts, read 44,878 times
So, just a little heads up. My wife doesn't sell in that area, however, she had an out of state client that wanted a house there, so they made an offer, which was accepted. What the buyer, and my wife, where not aware of, and wasn't clearly stated in the closing document, is that all of Green Valley is part of what is called Green Valley Rec, and that when you buy a house in GV, the buyers are responsible for a $3000 transfer fee.

Any agents you are dealing with, should be aware of this, and it should be plainly outlined in your closing statement. For most agents that don't specialize in the GV area, this is not a known caveat of purchasing there, so just make sure to ask your agent, so you are aware of that big transfer fee upon purchase. I believe the yearly dues are like $500 also...I included a link below for reference.

https://www.gvrec.org/

Old 03-01-2021, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArniBoy View Post
So, just a little heads up. My wife doesn't sell in that area, however, she had an out of state client that wanted a house there, so they made an offer, which was accepted. What the buyer, and my wife, where not aware of, and wasn't clearly stated in the closing document, is that all of Green Valley is part of what is called Green Valley Rec, and that when you buy a house in GV, the buyers are responsible for a $3000 transfer fee.

Any agents you are dealing with, should be aware of this, and it should be plainly outlined in your closing statement. For most agents that don't specialize in the GV area, this is not a known caveat of purchasing there, so just make sure to ask your agent, so you are aware of that big transfer fee upon purchase. I believe the yearly dues are like $500 also...I included a link below for reference.

I appreciate knowing this as I am considering both Green Valley and Sahuarita 55 and over communities. Can you tell me is this a one time fee only? And exactly what are you getting for the $3,000?

Old 03-02-2021, 12:26 AM

15,452 posts, read 26,781,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesharona View Post
I appreciate knowing this as I am considering both Green Valley and Sahuarita 55 and over communities. Can you tell me is this a one time fee only? And exactly what are you getting for the $3,000?
Both the GVR buy-in fee and any HOA charges are clearly listed out on the HUD statement that you get at closing. It is a one time fee. The dues are $505 per year for the use of all of the facilities. MOST of the housing in Green Valley, although not all, are deeded to GVR

The fees give you access to 13 community centers all of which have pools, most have gyms, and there are about 70 activities and clubs. It is a real bargain.

As for REALTORS, I think that at least half of them are truly miserable. Many of them know little about the various HOAs much less GVR.

GVR Website:

Old 03-02-2021, 08:52 AM

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: