Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 04:29 PM

170 posts, read 234,379 times

Advertisements

I've lived in this dusty town my whole life, and just recently accepted an offer for a job in Los Angeles. I'm completely broken up about it. The people I know (more than a few after 31 years) are AMAZING. Do anything for you, and are the definition of "family." When I move, I'll miss the people dearly.

You are either a poorly adjusted adult with low social skills (doubtful, cause even those people have friends), or a troll (probable). Either way, you are right. You don't belong here...go away.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:53 PM

107 posts, read 133,563 times
Assuming you're not a troll, your criticisms are not even valid.

Tucson overall is quieter and more reserved (not to be confused with reclusive) than any city I've ever lived in/been to, you are not required to participate in drinking (and it's not like drug problems are exclusive to Tucson), and the idea that the city is anti-Christian is ridiculous (in a city majority Christian with an abundance of churches). Sounds like more arrogant martyr complex **** where really you're just mad that not everyone around you chooses to live the same way you do.

It is pretty insulting that you think Tucson is for 'lazy people'. Let me ask you, what is your idea of success? And what is your idea of a 'sensational good time'? I'm sure this will be some grade A material you come up with.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:38 PM

8 posts, read 32,679 times
Even though I think the OP is going a little overboard calling everyone, in Tucson, drug addled and lazy, there is truth in his/her sentiments. I'm pretty sure I saw a similar post somewhere else on this board with the words: paraphrasing "Tucson is basically one giant ghetto". After living here for 13 years, I started reflecting and I thought "Yeah that sounds about right". In any case, let's not resort to personal attacks on the OP for expressing their opinion.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:10 PM

196 posts, read 213,076 times
The OP is clearly a religious right freak.

No one should take any of those comments seriously, because I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the poster lives in a world filled with fear, prejudice and hatred. Because, you know, Jesus did (yeah, right).

Old 02-17-2015, 07:40 AM

170 posts, read 234,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyinaz View Post
Even though I think the OP is going a little overboard calling everyone, in Tucson, drug addled and lazy, there is truth in his/her sentiments. I'm pretty sure I saw a similar post somewhere else on this board with the words: paraphrasing "Tucson is basically one giant ghetto". After living here for 13 years, I started reflecting and I thought "Yeah that sounds about right". In any case, let's not resort to personal attacks on the OP for expressing their opinion.
Did you literally stay in the exact same place for all 13 years you lived here? Have you ever walked the Mercado or the Barrio? Have you ever driven through the Catalina Foothills? Do you even know where the University is?

People that make bold, outlandish, and all-encompasing comments like this do nothing more than show their own ignorance.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
anybody think we'll ever hear back from our one-post wonder??!!

Old 02-17-2015, 08:50 AM

639 posts, read 971,935 times
I drive to Tucson for work purposes approx. once a month, sometimes a bit more. Tucson most definitely has a different vibe from Phoenix, but from what I can tell, in a very good way. There seem to be more genuine friendships there than the Phoenix region, and that could be because it's less transient. Are there some bad areas? Yes, but the same can be said about anywhere in this country. My main complaint about Tucson is the lack of ease of getting anywhere, it takes forever from the exit on the 10 to get anywhere in town. That has nothing to do with the people there though. But for people thinking of moving there, don't let this scare you off.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:00 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy6879 View Post
it takes forever from the exit on the 10 to get anywhere in town.

yes, this is a concern to many.....for high-speed limited-access freeways, there is only I-10 running thru the far west and far south parts of the metro area (I-19 is even less convenient to most).....the prevailing view in Tucson is still anti-freeway, so it will be many, many years before anything new, similar to a freeway, is built.....also, the city is poor and cannot even keep up with existing maintenance....

keep in mind that Phoenix was also very anti-freeway for decades until it finally became a crisis in the mid-1980s and voters passed the tax hike that led to construction of all the current freeways (101, 202, 51, etc.).....

traffic is not yet a crisis in Tucson...only then will voters approve something new.....metro Tucson's population now is what metro Phoenix was at in the mid-1960s or so, so let's see what voters think in twenty years!

Old 02-17-2015, 09:27 AM

612 posts, read 1,021,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
...so let's see what voters think in twenty years!
Good point. We, somewhat obviously, like to think of the two cities as following similar trajectories but we tend to forget how many decades behind Phoenix's growth Tucson actually is.

Of course waiting has it's huge downsides, as evidenced by the extraneous pain experienced by Phoenix when the freeway building explosion finally happened, so it'd be nice if Tucson was just a bit more forward thinking in that respect, but what can you do ... maybe when they finish Rio Nuevo!

Old 02-17-2015, 10:10 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meredithbanks View Post
I moved to Tucson eleven years ago. I have faithfully paid my rent however, it seems the longer you stay the more you get punished.
What the heck does this statement even mean?

And they allow smoking in the hospital???

The rest of your post is so negative, skewed by your negative outlook, and far from reality.

You should move ASAP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson