Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:51 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,883,127 times

Advertisements

I read posts for a lot of U.S. cities, and the OP's post seems curiously similar to some I've seen for other cities. Someone recently did a similar post for some Houston suburb, and others noticed that the OP slipped up and said they had moved to Connecticut BEFORE the thread was started, yet the thread said they couldn't wait to leave the suburb. And some of the sentences were very similar. This Tucson thread, though, has a religious thing about it, while the Houston thread did not. I seem to recall a thread for a Florida city that was also very similar. The Houston thread was determined to definitely be a troll.

If not a troll, the Tucson OP might pray a little harder if religion is a big part of their life. Also, they seem awfully judgmental for someone claiming to be a Christian.

Also, they might realize that one can choose to be happy, or one can choose to be miserable. If one chooses to be miserable, they need not try to bring everyone else down with them. They might also get some counseling.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:54 AM

720 posts, read 994,873 times
Perhaps this thread should just be closed. It is distracting. Just a thought.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:34 AM

604 posts, read 933,821 times
"...anything supplied by God is Okay as far as nature. Anything else including the people is awful."

Being a believer I think God made the human race also. People are as natural (i.e. part of nature) as a tree, a bird, the sun, the wind, etc. Buckminster Fuller argues that everything that springs from the human mind is 'natural' including buildings, cars, houses and so forth. Fuller argues the ability to reason, think and create is what separates us from other animals and that is our contribution to nature. He (and I) never understood the concept of "back to nature" because one can never leave so therefore there is no "getting back" to something you are always a part of.

It is my wish that Meredith is able to find happiness (even in Tucson).

Old 02-25-2015, 08:55 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I can tell the OP will never be happy anywhere.

If you have not met one, single 'good personality' or 'well adjusted adult' in eleven years, then the problem is you, not Tuscon.
Or, maybe, it's just a bad fit. I lived in Tucson for 3 years, many years ago, and could not WAIT to leave. And yes, a large part of why I detested the place had to do with the people.

And if you think it might have been me that was the problem, I've lived many places before that, and after, and have never felt that way again. Nothing changed but my location, so I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with me.

I chalk it up to a bad fit. I love the heat, but hated the humidity during the monsoons. I love the desert, but hated the lack of green grass and ability to grow anything but cactus. I loved the small town feel, but couldn't handle the fact that I had to drive surface streets everywhere I wanted to go. I dreaded when snowbirds came to town, and caused accidents at every intersection. I have a very good friend that moved there at the same time as I did, and lives there to this day. She loves Tucson. It's a good fit.

So all you armchair psychologists should just back up a bit, and realize that not loving your precious city doesn't mean someone will never be happy anywhere.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,384 times
I feel bad for this poster... I wish for her to find her happy place sometime soon

I moved to Tucson a year ago and love it so far, the weather is great and the people aren't nearly as bad as Meredith says. I'm 35 active adult and have met some great people through Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Martial Arts, I have great neighbors, and my wife met some great women friends at prenatal Yoga who all have nice husbands whom we have become friends. I'm not sure what this woman is talking about as far as EVERYONE is rude, most people seem nice and laid back. The one terrible thing I have noticed is there are definitely ALOT of terrible drivers here.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:37 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,131 times
Weatherguy has a good point as does azdr0710. I love these one post wonders and I just wonder where they come from.

I have been to Tucson many times and think it's a nice clean town for the most part. I have no problems with the people, except maybe those who live in the gunfighter streets south of I-10.

But two things really bother me about the OP. Long ago when I was a part of the 'drug culture' yes, I had 'drug smoke' in my surroundings. Funny thing, now that I do not associate with those types, I do not have that 'smoke' in my surroundings anymore. And smoking in a hospital? Epic fail. So to you I say:

Old 03-05-2015, 02:42 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Or, maybe, it's just a bad fit. I lived in Tucson for 3 years, many years ago, and could not WAIT to leave. And yes, a large part of why I detested the place had to do with the people.

And if you think it might have been me that was the problem, I've lived many places before that, and after, and have never felt that way again. Nothing changed but my location, so I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with me.

I chalk it up to a bad fit. I love the heat, but hated the humidity during the monsoons. I love the desert, but hated the lack of green grass and ability to grow anything but cactus. I loved the small town feel, but couldn't handle the fact that I had to drive surface streets everywhere I wanted to go. I dreaded when snowbirds came to town, and caused accidents at every intersection. I have a very good friend that moved there at the same time as I did, and lives there to this day. She loves Tucson. It's a good fit.

So all you armchair psychologists should just back up a bit, and realize that not loving your precious city doesn't mean someone will never be happy anywhere.
Considering the fact that you took my comment to another poster that her experience of having not met a single 'good' or 'well-adjusted' person in 11 years as a personal attack or insult on yourself, is very telling.

I stand by my assessment and my degree in armchair psychology.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:23 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,131 times
+1 ^^^ this.

To add to what I already posted, any town is going to be what you make of it. It starts with you and ends with you.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:51 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,130 times
Funny how people who don't live in Tucson find it more favorable than those who do.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:45 PM

9 posts, read 40,563 times
A place is what you make it to be: Tucson can be a great place to live if you want, but it also can be the worst place ever. All depends on you and how you'll live!!! Remember, no city is perfect, don't expect to find a place better than Tucson. Because there are no better cicities than others, they are just different, and each has its good, bad and ugly. Reading your post, I'm sorry to say, but it sounds you won't be happy anywhere you move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson