Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:12 AM

136 posts, read 261,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender554 View Post
The sausage shop (not the same as the sausage deli) is pretty good. It isn't a jewish deli, more of I guess a western deli. They have great sandwiches and lunch specials. They also specialize in breaking down peoples hunts for them. They are really more of a butcher shop than a deli. Tony's Italian Deli is the closest thing I have had to a real italian deli in Tucson, blows the doors off of roma imports. It is just a tiny hole in the wall but they are a deli and do full italian dinners.

I consider the Sausage Shop and Dickman's Meats on E Broadway, Midwestern delis because, one's owner is from Minnesota and the other is from Wisconsin. I buy most of my meat from these two because they get their meats from the Midwest. Dickman's stocks walleye filets and cheese curds (a necessity for football season in my home)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 08:03 PM

700 posts, read 918,484 times
2farsouth, thanks for the suggestions. My husband's from Green Bay, and he thinks a visit to Dickman's sounds like a good idea.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:07 AM

87 posts, read 116,218 times
How wonderful to have both Dickman's and The Sausage Shop in Tucson! Can't wait to move to Tucson! All these suggestions have been great!

Old 07-09-2015, 09:25 AM

136 posts, read 261,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post
2farsouth, thanks for the suggestions. My husband's from Green Bay, and he thinks a visit to Dickman's sounds like a good idea.
You're welcome. I was in Dickman's a few days ago to see if cheese curds can be frozen. They CAN and a 12oz pkg at Dickman's is $7.99. I'm road tripping to Minneapolis next week and there is a Wisconsin cheese store in the Mall Of America that has curds for $5 per lb. I'll be bringing lots back along with a new Packers hat for the wife. I bought 2 large coolers I plan to fill with dry ice and tons of deli meats, cheeses etc. Very excited (except for the long drive all by my lonesome. lol) Kansas city for some live Blues and BBQ, plus a case of GATES BBQ sauce for ribs. Yummy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson