Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:44 PM

522 posts, read 1,568,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman
Typical in-town Tucson neighborhood.

Um, no.

And not all older neighborhoods look like that. Way to generalize.

Quote:
Wish whoever took the pictures of
Tucson would have gone North, East or into the foothills to see beautiful home at far less than other parts of the country. A nice home can be had for an average of about $200,000. That's 3 bedrooms and two baths in a nice area. Every city seems to have areas like the pictures, unfortunately.
I agree. Every city has bad parts. I don't know of anywhere that doesn't. It's that some only want to show only bad parts in Tucson. You can say the same about a comparable thread in "Chicago Suburbs." In that thread tha only things shown are the very nice parts. I could post pictures of bad parts of each suburb near each good picture.

Too bad because there are some very nice parts of Tucson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 04:12 PM

161 posts, read 692,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Ill pass. Ive already seen enough of the "glamorous" pics. I dont want to see any more Taco Bell-styled homes, or pseudo-adobes, thank you. I enjoyed what Daniel T posted, its the real side of Tucson, the places that you dont see often.
Since when is a decent looking neighborhood not the "real side" of Tucson? And you're from where again? Oh that's right. Not here.

As much as I can agree with there being parts of town that look that ugly, the majority of "real Tucson" does NOT look like that.

Last edited by Subie; 11-04-2008 at 04:25 PM..

Old 11-04-2008, 05:12 PM

135 posts, read 515,620 times
OK, so tell this Ohio guy whats up with all the fences and bar'd windows & door?

Old 11-04-2008, 05:14 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,351,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
Since when is a decent looking neighborhood not the "real side" of Tucson? And you're from where again? Oh that's right. Not here.
Oh yeah, I cant give an opinion since I dont live there. Then therefore I banish you from ever commenting on Phoenix should you ever visit it, because, well, you dont live there.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
And you're from where again? Oh that's right. Not here.
Oh, Subie, you must not be familiar with Steve-o. He's our resident AZ expert!

Old 11-04-2008, 07:32 PM

Oh I am Sierra, trust me. I think it's hilarious that he didn't even answer the question.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,694,869 times
what neighborhood did you drive in? That street looks familiar... lol

All of Tucson does NOT look like the pictures posted by the OP. That would be like someone posting pictures of south phoenix near Van buren and claiming this is phoenix. Tucson is very natural, beautiful, huge mountains, town is slowed down, and has better lightning shows then Phoenix can only dream of. I never want to see Tucson become Phoenix, LA, or any big city with no natural surroundings and all you see is horrible, sight ruining, sky scrappers.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:42 PM

You know what "real" Tucson is? Both good and bad. There you go. No part is any more real than the other.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:06 PM

12 posts, read 37,877 times
I lived in Tucson for a while several years ago. I liked it. Yes, there are bad areas that you need to avoid, and that is true of any major city.
But, I made good friends, I enjoyed the NW neighborhood where I lived, the desert moon, the sunrises and sunsets were awesome.
I don't know where those photos were snapped but they weren't typical of the neighborhoods I saw and or my friends lived in.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:56 AM

135 posts, read 515,620 times
I thought this was supposed to be a picture post of Tucson neighborhoods......
So where are the pics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson