Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 PM

8 posts, read 33,873 times

Advertisements

Can someone give me an idea of the commute time and traffic conditions from Oro Valley to Raytheon? We are moving next month and I have found Oro Valley to be one of the more appealing areas, but my husband is concerned about his commute. I suppose we could also consider Vail. I've read the posts on Vail and Sahuarita, but still think Oro Valley is more what I'm looking for as far as being built up more and having more kid stuff around. Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 01:06 PM

5 posts, read 20,416 times
Your looking at 1-1.5 hours each way depending on where in Oro Valley you live and when you leave for work. If you left at 5am, you'd probably get there in 50 minutes.

Vail has a much better commute. 35-40 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRabbit11 View Post
Can someone give me an idea of the commute time and traffic conditions from Oro Valley to Raytheon? We are moving next month and I have found Oro Valley to be one of the more appealing areas, but my husband is concerned about his commute. I suppose we could also consider Vail. I've read the posts on Vail and Sahuarita, but still think Oro Valley is more what I'm looking for as far as being built up more and having more kid stuff around. Opinions?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:37 PM

8 posts, read 33,873 times
YIKES! Thanks for your post.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:33 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRabbit11 View Post

I live in the extended southwest near Three Points area and work in
Oro Valley. It's 20 miles just to get into the city and another 23 miles to get to Oro Valley. It takes me an hour to get to work in the morning and 1:15 hours to get home. Your ride from Oro Valley to Raytheon should not take you longer than 40 minutes in traffic, tops. Vail and Sahuarita would be closer, but in my opinion Oro Valley would be a better choice.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:21 PM

105 posts, read 682,519 times
Default Commute is Definitely Worth It

I have been living in Oro Valley for a month now- moved from Orange County, California. I commute to Raytheon for work. The drive takes me about 40 minutes. 20 minutes to get to the freeway...20 minutes once on the freeway. It's really not a bad drive at all. I actually think the drive is way worth it to live in such a beautiful area. No regrets here.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,997 times
Default Re: Your Question, Where to Live, etc.

In these economic times, you want to be as far away from Tucson as possible. The commute from Oro Valley is 40-45 min. Eventually, the freeway will be finished, two years entire, east/south bound to work from Miracle Mile finished by the end of the summer, the rest later on.

If you have kids you want Oro Valley for the excelling schools, its own police and fire departments, nice shopping nearby, and now a new shopping center, so that you can keep your money in the OV.

Given the date of your post, you are probably already here. I hope you chose OV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson