Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 12,860 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been looking at Saddlebrook and the new Saddlebrook Ranch developments. Would like to know what life is like in one of these communities. We would be year round residents. Do they roll up the sidewalks in the heat of summer or are there still plenty of activitis?

I would also like some opinions on living in a neighborhood of 55+ residents vs. one with all age groups?

Thank you for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 07:32 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,473 times
I'm not of retirement age and I left Tucson 2 years ago, so I'm sure others can give you a better answer, but I'll tell you this....year-round I would see many Saddlebrook residents out road biking (every morning they'd end up at Starbucks on Oracle and Ina). They were really fit and they were there every day. My husband (in his 30s) played tennis year-round, and many times they had matches in Saddlebrook with the players there. He loved playing with them--not only were they good, but they were a lot of fun.

The guy who runs the running store in Oro Valley lives in Saddlebrook as does one of the local kindergarten teachers. Most definitely the people in Saddlebrook are not sitting around with blankets on their laps--they are part of the larger community, active year-round. If they weren't I'd never have seen them as I'm in my 30s and wasn't seeking them out.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 PM

3 posts, read 29,500 times
We also are looking for apartment complexes that are adult only after raising all of ours we just want to come home to peace and quiet we are in a regular complex now where the slamming of doors cars with those boommer systems and 21 yr olds acting like they own the place a year ago here it was alittle better here seemed as though they really screened people now with the economy seems they take anyone we are sleepless and want to enjoy the life of being over 50 any ideas or complexes that anyone knows would be greatly needed we both still work in tucson so not to far out as gas will kill us Thanks to all who reply

Old 06-06-2009, 10:31 PM

4 posts, read 32,888 times
I love Saddlebrooke: the mountains, the friendly people, my golf cart (used for everything) the restaurants, all of the activities (impossible to do everything), fitness centers. pools, live entertainment, variety of clubs etc. Your choice or not. I am involved in just a few things: golf, a card group, & classes at the fitness center.
Many people stay during the summer; you adapt & appreciate having less people at the pools etc.I never imagined that my husband & I would live in AZ & in a retirement community! So happy we did!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,747,759 times
Saddlebrooke,

Old 06-13-2009, 10:35 PM

3 posts, read 23,763 times
Sun City in Oro Valley is a wonderful place to live. Plus, you have the added security of a police force who keeps an eye out for you.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:37 PM

3 posts, read 23,763 times
But Saddlebrook is closer to the mountains and is a bit more beautiful, if a bit more isolated.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:12 PM

Saddlebrooke also a patrol force!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:05 AM

Saddlebrooke is surrounded by moutains! It has the Preserve 18 hole golf course, 27 holes in Saddlebrook HOA 1, & 18 holes in Mountainview- HOA2! It also has live entertainment in our own Theater; Three fitness centers...with caring people to run the fitness programs; 3 wonderful restaurants/bars/breakast/lunch,,,,plus golf cart paths on our roads!
Any kind of activity/clubs you can think of! Best bargin for your money !!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 PM

643 posts, read 2,054,030 times
We get a lot of Saddlebrook'ers in our store. They're all mostly pretty nice and they all seem to have a pretty cooshie wad of money in their proverbial pockets.

I heard one lady saying they have all kinds of activities, clubs and events all the time - like pottery, silversmithing and quilting. I was kind of jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson