U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 01:31 PM

913 posts, read 873,936 times

Advertisements

This is an unofficial car show/get together every Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm at the Continental Plaza shopping center (exit 63 from I-19). The cars park down by the CVS pharmacy building. Any make or model is welcome and it does not matter if it is a show winner or a project car. There is no charge to show your car or to come look at the cars. This event does die off in the heat of the summer, but as you can see from this video, it is fully up and running now. There is the Carne y Vino restaurant and McDonald's in the plaza if you want to eat afterward and other restaurants within a mile or two. I hope you enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaqgZpD_-Xs
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 01:57 PM

401 posts, read 410,888 times
Thanks for posting this Bart. I was looking up car shows just last week. We will make a point of coming down to visit. I have a soft spot for the old Mopars. Your car looks nice - and it's in my fav. color.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan57 View Post
Thanks for posting this Bart. I was looking up car shows just last week. We will make a point of coming down to visit. I have a soft spot for the old Mopars. Your car looks nice - and it's in my fav. color.

I think I was the only Mopar at the show, and mine is a 4 door, so I am really a red-headed stepchild! I also have a 1969 Corvette that is nearing completion of a mechanical restoration. I am going down to Rio Rico to my buddy Carl's place who has been doing the work and we are going to fire the 427 for the first time since it was rebuilt back in May. Of course I will make a video, so it you want to follow along, my youtube channel is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8U...rCyA5zw/videos I also have a 1956 Hudson Hornet that my daughter, myself and a couple of friends built for her as a graduation present if she graduated and stayed out of trouble. It is here in GV with me for now while she works on finding a place to store it. I had been keeping it for her while she went to boot camp, but that was 3 years ago!!!

Old 11-02-2017, 03:59 PM

My opinion, it's hard to beat the sound of a built 427. Did you do yours stock or hopped up? And I will look for the video.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
My opinion, it's hard to beat the sound of a built 427. Did you do yours stock or hopped up? And I will look for the video.
I would say that it is in the "hopped up" category. This is a matching numbers car, so I kept the original parts and went back with Brodix aluminum heads and an entire roller top end, mainly for reliability. I also went with an HEI distributor, again for reliability and an Edelbrock aluminum high flow waterpump to help keep this beast cool in the southern AZ heat!

Old 11-06-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
I would say that it is in the "hopped up" category. This is a matching numbers car, so I kept the original parts and went back with Brodix aluminum heads and an entire roller top end, mainly for reliability. I also went with an HEI distributor, again for reliability and an Edelbrock aluminum high flow waterpump to help keep this beast cool in the southern AZ heat!
Looks like a great car, can't wait for the video of when you guys fire it.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Looks like a great car, can't wait for the video of when you guys fire it.
That make 2 of us!!!!

Old 11-10-2017, 08:25 AM

Here are some cars that were not at the previous weeks car show. I am amazed at the number and quality of classic cars in and around Green Valley!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjP37NA8jJo&t=4s

Old 11-12-2017, 12:38 AM

522 posts, read 1,465,869 times
Too bad it ends so early. I can't make it there after work. I would need to go home to get my car (St Josephs Hosp to river and 1st) then drive there I don't get home usually until about 4:30. Oh well.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:44 PM

Bart, are you attending the show this week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: