U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:28 AM

22 posts, read 81,692 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I will be moving to Tucson soon and have read a lot about South Tucson being a bad area. Could someone tell me the borders of the bad areas by using street names? I am looking to rent a home in SE Tucson and just want to make sure it's a safe area. I appreciate any help because I've never been to Tucson and don't know the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 11:49 AM

9,526 posts, read 28,971,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgisthe1 View Post
Hello,
I will be moving to Tucson soon and have read a lot about South Tucson being a bad area. Could someone tell me the borders of the bad areas by using street names? I am looking to rent a home in SE Tucson and just want to make sure it's a safe area. I appreciate any help because I've never been to Tucson and don't know the area.
Just as an FYI, hgisthe . . . South Tucson is NOT the same as SE Tucson.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 PM

687 posts, read 1,932,396 times
I agree. We feel pretty safe down in Rita Ranch that is SE of Tucson downtown. *shrug*

It's all relative I believe in regards to what you came from you know? What you have been exposed to in your previous living situations affects what you think is bad/good in other areas. Keep that in mind.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:40 PM

64 posts, read 250,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgisthe1 View Post
Hello,
What neighborhood in SE?
Most are generally safe, just don't leave anything, ANYTHING, in your cars.

Outside of that I've never had any problems here in SE.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 15,010 times
south tucson that u are speaking of is tech a separate city so the "south" in the name has nothing to do with or connecting to south east tucson.they have their own mayor,etc.. there is a southside of tucson but with the airforce base and freeway getting between the area u mention u will live, even south east tucson is divided. one being better than the other. so is it south east tucson being around palo verde and valencia? or is it south east tucson being harrison and 22nd? BIG BIG diff on those to areas but both called south east tucson. i live off pantano and 22nd and there is such a diff between my neighborhood and the ones west of prudence and 22nd only a mile apart.anyhow when u live in tucson u have ur area that u live in and for the most part u live and shop in ur area and if ur lucky like my wife and i u work in ur lil circle and rarely have to go to other parts unless its to visit someone or buy something not aval in ur part of town.east side has alot of what u need and unless u get bored of shopping at the many stores on this side of town u dnt need to go anywhere else.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:10 PM

22 posts, read 81,692 times
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I would be working on the east side of
I-10 on Valencia. I was looking to rent a home in either Rita Ridge or straight west and a fair distance on the other side of I-10. From what I'm reading, that will okay as far as safety.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:16 PM

42,835 posts, read 83,392,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drusaiz View Post
so is it south east tucson being around palo verde and valencia?
I guess you're technically right, but I'm yet to hear this area referred to as Southeast...

http://www.tucsonaz.gov/planning/res...dsdocument.pdf

This guy contradicts himself on the very same page...

Michael Oliver - Tucson Communities Overview (http://www.sellingtucsonrealestate.com/communities.php - broken link)

To me it's kinda questionable whether it starts South of Broadway or Golf Links, but it definitely doesn't start South of Speedway. East of Wilmot between Speedway and Broadway is solid East. I personally would go with Golf Links as starting point for the Southeast.

For the most part Southeast is zip codes 85730 and 85747 in Tucson + Vail. It encompasses also small portions of 85748 and granted... 85706, even though I'm not sure it can even technically go as far as Palo Verde and Valencia, but perhaps that is in the beginning of 85706.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:31 PM

5 posts, read 56,547 times
can anyone tell me about E-28th street? my inlaws live there and want us to move in with them. i'm from massachusetts and know nothing about AZ. also I hear the schools are real bad and my daughter would have to go to corbett school. thanks

Old 04-11-2008, 08:49 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,160,999 times
Paula,
Have you checked greatschools.net? I just looked up Corbett school and it was given a rating of 4 out of 10. Of course there is more to a school than its rating, but I think you should seriously think twice if your child is in a really good school right now.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 39,220 times
Lightbulb Dangerous parts of Tucson

It doesn't matter what side of town we move to. In todays society we have crime everywhere. Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Glendale, it doesn't matter. All you have to do is get along with your neighbors and don't road rage anyone and you'll be fine. North, South,East or West, the view is the same along with the sunrise and sunsets. All Awesome! Along with the different cultures,races and good food. So give it a shot and come visit and see for yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson