Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 04:43 PM

700 posts, read 918,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
Loved this beautiful explanation of the seasons. And it included two words new to me: taxa and thornscrub. Wonderful!
I'm glad! Their website is a wonder. You can get an education. The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is like Disneyland for me; I always hit it first day when I am back in Tucson for a visit. Love it. Have many albums of photos from visits over the decades, which I run on my laptop as wallpaper and screen saver. The gift that keeps on giving...

At Trip Advisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...n_Arizona.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 07:35 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
I'll go with desert. The world is in flux, always. Over long time periods, we see a change from desert to forest, vice versa, or other changes. The big changes are the sum of small changes that happen continuously. Whatever Tucson is today, it will be different tomorrow, if only slightly. Eventually, it will bleed into this or that new category, as scientists see it. I believe 99% of people would look out the window in Tucson and say, "Desert." That's what I'll say. I don't want to overthink it. Saguaros, one of the most typical plants of Sonoran desert in Arizona, are everywhere.

You can change climate in Tucson with a short drive up Mt. Lemon! Living in Phoenix, I'm jealous. We have to go farther to cool down.
Jealous of Phoenix? Bisbee at 5250 feet in altitude isn't enough of a cool down for you? Sheesh, during a hot summer, even Nogales seems attractive to me at 3885 feet in altitude!

Just remember where I spent 22 years in the driest big city in the country, Las Vegas, and my first summer here I feel like, at times, I've come to the Tropics! Not one mosquito bite in 22 years, and now I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy some bug spray for next summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson