U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:17 AM

529 posts, read 2,226,167 times

Advertisements

Tucson has been just as hard hit as the rest of the nation in terms of sub-prime loan issues and foreclosures.

A few years ago, many agents had never heard of a "short sale" but now they are commonplace. The last year or two has seen a steady price decline for those actually wanting to sell their home (small jab at unrealistic homeowners ) and recently the market has seemed to be tightening up a bit. Inventory is fairly steady but, as you mentioned, prices are becoming more realistic. Sales remain fairly steady also which is a testament to buyer's taking advantage of the market.

I see more and more pre-foreclosures and foreclosures everyday in ALL communities, from the Foothills to the westside down to Sahuarita.. a lot of people are being affected by this fallout.

Here is a look to the Tucson Association of Realtors March 2008 report which should occupy your time for a bit! Hope this helps!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 01:07 AM

2 posts, read 3,918 times
Default Wyosnowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CrazedWoman View Post
I'm an RN with many years experience looking at a job offer at TMC. Anyone out there know what TMC is like? I'm currently working at a facility owned by a very large healthcare outfit - or should I say out for profit outfit? Nothing matters but making money and protecting the company from bad JCAHO surveys. Is TMC any better? What is the RN turnover rate? How many travelers? If you could make the choice again, would you choose TMC? I'd also appreciate hearing from any former TMC patients - did you receive good care? Did the staff make you feel that your condition/situation mattered to them or did you feel as if ringing your call bell was a fruitless effort?

Thanks to all.
I have never been in the hospital there and nowhere that they treat nurses as good as they should. IE: no more than 8 hours to a shift. Frequent flowers, vacations and a hug if that is not offensive.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 AM

529 posts, read 2,226,167 times
Just an article I read in the Arizona Daily Star that might be of interest to some people..

TMC makes remarkable financial turnaround (http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/235603 - broken link)

Quote:
...In the second half of 2007, the company cut another 330 full-time-equivalent jobs from its budget, including a lot of contract nurses.
The hospital was overstaffed from absorbing workers after El Dorado Hospital closed, Rich said.
When it cut those expensive positions from the books, hospital executives came up with $4 million to give its staff nurses a raise. Most received $3 to $5 extra per hour...

Old 02-03-2009, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,583 times
I work in T,M.C as a tech in Ortho department. I LIKE IT IT'S OK.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,726,316 times
In today's paper ...

'34% of Tucson-area homes sold at a loss last year as values plunged.'

'Continuing a two-year slide, the median home value in the Tucson metro area fell 13.3 percent in 2008 to $179,311,' ... and 'nationally, home values fell 11.6 percent.'

AZ was officially one of the first states to go into recession and will be one of the last states to get out due to its overreliance on the real estate industry. The state could always rely on a pipeline of retirees to fuel the growth. No longer.

Not that retirees won't come, simply not to the degree as in the past because their home values and retirement accounts have taken big hits too. This will create a vaccum which will be hard to overcome plus there's a huge oversupply of property (more than most states) that will forestall the rebound.

There's been an increasing number of "I'd love to move but can't sell my house' type posts around here. Economic reality is setting in. Any purchases these days must be looked at with a long term perspective. If one's personal situation is somewhat uncertain then best to continue renting.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:15 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,359,420 times
Great balls of fire! I've never PERSONALLY worked at TMC, but something's rotten in Denmark here, because I have read NUMEROUS complaints about that hospital. Go here, and do a search:

Quick Registration

Old 02-09-2009, 11:27 AM

2,812 posts, read 3,270,698 times
I work there as a tech. Very busy, lots and lots of Medicaid patients. Biggest in Tucson as far as I know. Good coworkers, managament is ok. The nurse pay is some of the lowest in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: