Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 06:59 AM

720 posts, read 995,065 times

Advertisements

It has felt really cold to me. Especially after being here in the summer. I have the heat on all the time. In fact my heating bill is much higher than my cooling bill was this past summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 07:26 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
I have only been in Green Valley for 5 years, but this seems to be the cloudiest and wettest (and snowiest) winter so far. Lately it is looking more like where I moved from in the central Willamette Valley of Oregon. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for every drop of water, I just wonder what those of you who have been here longer have to say.
Here's the 10 day forecast currently for Portland, OR (where I'm going today)...rain and snow every day for the next 10 days. This has been an incredibly cold February with no end in sight.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...=localwx_10day

Where I live currently in the Tri Cities, Wa, the high temp over the next 10 days is forecast to be 25F with some days a high temp in the teens. I wish I was in Arizona right now...at least I'm headed down late Feb to early March....can you heat it up a bit by then?

Old 02-08-2019, 05:00 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,859,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Here's the 10 day forecast currently for Portland, OR (where I'm going today)...rain and snow every day for the next 10 days. This has been an incredibly cold February with no end in sight.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...=localwx_10day

Where I live currently in the Tri Cities, Wa, the high temp over the next 10 days is forecast to be 25F with some days a high temp in the teens. I wish I was in Arizona right now...at least I'm headed down late Feb to early March....can you heat it up a bit by then?
I really feel for you man! I moved here from The Eugene/Salem area of Oregon, so I know how it goes. Much worse in the Tri-Cities area. C'mon down, we will try and have some 70's and 80' lined up for you!!!

Old 02-08-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaWa View Post
It has felt really cold to me. Especially after being here in the summer. I have the heat on all the time. In fact my heating bill is much higher than my cooling bill was this past summer!
I think the difference, at least for me, has been the clouds. It is much easier to take the 30's and 40's with abundant sunshine. It makes all the difference to me. Without that sun on the skin, it feels like Oregon!

Old 02-09-2019, 01:40 PM

OMG!!! Another cloudy Oregon-like day!!! I am really missing the sun!

Old 02-09-2019, 02:47 PM

364 posts, read 617,470 times
^^^ Glad it's not just Texas. DFW and I swear we have not seen the sun in months. This winter has been over cast almost every single freaking day. Like living in Seattle.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:55 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
OMG!!! Another cloudy Oregon-like day!!! I am really missing the sun!
Yeah our plan is to start wintering in Phoenix area starting next winter....I would hate a long run of cloudy days. Overall how do you find the Green River climate compared to mid-Willamette area? I lived a few years in Salem area and hated the gray winters.

Old 02-09-2019, 03:34 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
I posted in another thread about what I read about the potential climate change effects for Tucson, let's hope there's not a thread of truth to it, but one prediction has Tucson becoming more tropical, due to the warming of the oceans, and rains pushed northwards from both the Caribbean and the Pacific.

Out in the garden today and clouds, clouds, clouds. I escaped from MN due to having SADD and I can take one day of clouds, but if this continues for a second day I'll be looking at potential depression tomorrow.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
^^^ Glad it's not just Texas. DFW and I swear we have not seen the sun in months. This winter has been over cast almost every single freaking day. Like living in Seattle.
I am SO glad I do not live in Seattle right now.......what a disaster it is! Although this has been a cloudy, wet and cool winter in southeastern Arizona, it has been MUCH worse in other places. For that, I am appreciative!

Old 02-10-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yeah our plan is to start wintering in Phoenix area starting next winter....I would hate a long run of cloudy days. Overall how do you find the Green River climate compared to mid-Willamette area? I lived a few years in Salem area and hated the gray winters.
My wife and I have LOVED the climate in the Green Valley/Southeastern Arizona area compared to the gray winters of Oregon. I am sure.....at least I hope that this winter is an aberration. My wife lived in Oregon for 40+ years, so the thought of moving here was pretty frightening to her. It did not take her long to appreciate being warm and waking to sunshine on most days. I am hoping that this winter will mean that we have an explosive Spring, and that al the animals have had their fill of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson