U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:26 PM

53 posts, read 164,407 times

Advertisements

Evening all

I'm looking at a townhome in the Jacinto Park area just slightly east of I-10 and west of N. Oracle Rd. I currently live in Orlando, FL and can't get that good of an estimate of how good (or bad) the area is. I've look through the search engine here as well as google maps (which was no help either, LOL)

Is there anyone that lives out it this said area or has a friend/family member that lives in this area that could shed some light on excatly what type of place this is to live in. Maily clean? crime? ammenities?

Any and all help would be greatly appriciated y'all!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 06:04 PM

9,529 posts, read 29,053,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesx7d7 View Post
Evening all

I'm looking at a townhome in the Jacinto Park area just slightly east of I-10 and west of N. Oracle Rd. I currently live in Orlando, FL and can't get that good of an estimate of how good (or bad) the area is. I've look through the search engine here as well as google maps (which was no help either, LOL)

Is there anyone that lives out it this said area or has a friend/family member that lives in this area that could shed some light on excatly what type of place this is to live in. Maily clean? crime? ammenities?

Any and all help would be greatly appriciated y'all!!!
That's a toughee, Julesx . . .

Since I-10 on the west side of Tucson and Oracle Road basically run parallel it would depend on the cross street or the address. Actually, anything West of Oracle and South of River Road could be a little iffy.

Good Luck!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:33 PM

42,835 posts, read 83,547,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
That's a toughee, Julesx . . .

Since I-10 on the west side of Tucson and Oracle Road basically run parallel it would depend on the cross street or the address. Actually, anything West of Oracle and South of River Road could be a little iffy.

Good Luck!
I'd never heard of it and looked it up:

Jacinto Park tucson - Google Search

It's more than iffy... it's OMG!

OP, do you have any specific reason for wanting to live there?

Old 04-12-2008, 07:37 PM

9,529 posts, read 29,053,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'd never heard of it and looked it up:

Jacinto Park tucson - Google Search

It's more than iffy... it's OMG!

OP, do you have any specific reason for wanting to live there?
LMBO @ SierraAZ!

Now that I see the map . . . OMG is probably too mild.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
LMBO @ SierraAZ!

Now that I see the map . . . OMG is probably too mild.
I was gonna say it sucks even before looking it up... freeway + Oracle in the same sentence..., but that's the cream of the crop!

Old 04-12-2008, 08:00 PM

602 posts, read 1,926,757 times
Jules,

It might not be that bad if you join the right gang.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:37 PM

683 posts, read 2,506,955 times
From this morning's paper.............

2 sought in man's shooting in park
arizona daily star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 04.13.2008
2 sought in man's shooting in park | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/234196 - broken link)

Tucson police are searching for two men in the shooting and wounding of a man Saturday night in a North Side park.
The man was shot in the abdomen at Jacinto Park.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:58 AM

53 posts, read 164,407 times
Default Wow...help!!

Hey thanks for the replys guys (and gals). I honestly am at a lost. I want to find a good place to live but from what I've seen on Google (and not spending a significant amount of time there) this could be a bit difficult.

I honestly don't have a specific place to live except a place where I won't get shot especially not in the abdomen. I can't remember if I mentioned it before but I just accepted a position at TMC in their ED and I need to find a place by the first week of May

All this is happening way too quickly. From what I've gathered (and craig's list) I've found that the catalina foothills looked pretty good and Oro Valley is the richy part of Tucson. Also, the south side should be avoided at all cost. But other than that I am totally at a lost. Mostly looking for a two bed/two bath that allows a cat with at least 1000sq. ft. for under $800/mo.

Oh! and by the way: what is a good gang for beginners... I like the color yellow and green; maybe even red.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:59 AM

602 posts, read 1,926,757 times
Jules,

I'm moving back to Tucson in May too. I lived there before, so I already knew which areas are nice.

As a rule of thumb, pretty much anything in Oro Valley will be a safe area. Same for anything north of River Rd. In the near NW, I'd stay north of Ina Rd, and the closer towards the mountains the nicer it is likely to be.

Surprisingly, there are some apartments in the foothills that you can probably get into for around $800, as you mentioned. I used to live in The Arboretum (Kolb near Sunrise), way back when, and it was nice then.

I think the far east side of town ought to be pretty safe and nice too.

Here's a site that has user ratings of apartments. Don't know that I'd trust these ratings that much, but it does have a map of where all the apartments are located, and it has links to the actual apartment pages.

I ended up getting a place in Oro Valley, but there are several way up Kolb and near Sabino Canyon and on Sunrise that you might want to consider.

Really, I'd stay away from south of River Rd, unless you are way to the east.

See this, which you can left mouse click to drag the map to show different areas: Map results for Tucson Apartments, Tucson, AZ

Here are some results for the east side of town that I found on ForRent dot com

Search Results - ForRent.com

You can pick any area in town and see this stuff. Then, if you find something that looks interesting, maybe you can ask the folks on this forum if they know anything about it. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find something nice for $800.

Also, some of these places have rental prices in the $800s, some also have move-in specials where the first years rent is, e.g. $780 or something like that (that was true at the place that I found).

Also, on that ForRent site, you can pick your area of town. Personally, I'd look only at Foothills, NW Tucson, Oro Valley, East Tucson (and when looking at the east side, probably further east is better).

Good luck! You're gonna love it.

Oh, and you might want to consider renaming your thread (or start a new one titled) "Need help finding an apartment"

Last edited by azhiker; 04-14-2008 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 04-14-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesx7d7 View Post
I can't remember if I mentioned it before but I just accepted a position at TMC in their ED and I need to find a place by the first week of May
Aren't you gonna work at the main location on Grant, just West of Craycroft?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson