U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:43 AM

4,346 posts, read 2,565,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaWa View Post
Yes, the condo fees are quite high, I know. It does include water, (which keeps going up), sewer, trash removal as well as recycling removal. The ages are all over the place really. It is not age restricted and we have many people who work and some retired. Not too many with kids though. Just a couple at the bus stop in the morning. Most of the condos here are two bedroom so I think that is why.

In the summer it is very quiet with all the snowbirds gone......But snowbirds aren't noisy really so it is quiet most of the time. Just much busier in winter.

I don't think it is too hard to find contractors. We renovated last summer and had a great guy and his son do all the work. They did a fantastic job. These places were built in 1986 and so it needed updating! People are always renovating here and so the places are really well kept up. I think it is because so many are rented out in winter as snowbird rentals.

Yes, only one parking space that is covered but there are a ton of uncovered spaces for guests or a second car.

Pretty much zero crime here. Once in a great while there will be a car break in but I think, and this is just my opinion, that we are so far up the hill at Craycroft and Kolb, criminals don't make it up this far! LOL. So no, not gated. No need really.

The board is not aggressive at all. Like all boards there are people you like and people you don't like but everyone here seems very nice. They have a three year term. Our biggest problem with the board is finding people who live here full time to be on it. My husband just joined the board and he is only one of two who live here full time. Mostly they try and keep up with finding vendors to take care of the place! There is a lot to take care of. The landscaping for one is a big job. We have a lot of trees and plants. And the pools etc.

Hope I answered everything!
Lol thanks for putting up with me. Yes you answered but I have more questions sorry..... Is it hard to rent out? How much do people charge for rent, Are there lots of dogs there? Any dog parks? Is there a coyote problem? Is it near Oro Valley? I live in So Cal and plan on escaping to Az next summer. I'm female middle age with 2 small dogs. I live in a condo now so know the plus and minus of condo life
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 04:15 PM

491 posts, read 670,522 times
As far as renting out, many people do rent their units out in winter but in summer all those units stay empty. Nice for me since I get the pools all to myself! LOL....Yes many dogs. Everyone seems to have one or two. But they are pretty well behaved and people pick up after them. No dog parks near here. You would have to drive to one. Not sure where since I don't own a dog. I have only seen one or two coyotes and never here on the property. On the main road mostly. We do have a lot of javelinas though. Not near Oro valley at all. Opposite side of town. Oro valley is just too congested for me. it is always so busy over there due to the proximity to the 10.

We have lived in condos for the last 25 years. Back in Boston it was all we could afford! Here too pretty much. I don't mind condo living. As you say, you get used to it. In Boston, I saw my neighbors on the elevator. Here I see them out walking their dogs when I go biking! A little different but nice!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson