Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2019, 03:09 PM

39 posts, read 52,292 times

Advertisements

We like Tucson but want a slightly more rural lifestyle and a couple of acres or more of land. Hoping to focus on ultra-scenic areas near the mountains that don't have traffic issues but also not too far from shops, services and medical care of Tucson.

We're pretty familiar with areas south of Tucson like Vail, but have no experience with areas north and west of central Tucson. Thanks for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 10:04 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,471,533 times
Check out Catalina and Oracle.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:11 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,569,659 times
You might look west of Oro Valley, along Lambert from La Cholla out to I-10 or Twin Peaks Rd. In that area, there are several "ranchettes" which are an acre or two with views of the Catalinas and the Tortolitas. It's very "country" out there. You're fairly near Marana and shops, grocery stores, etc., would be about 10 minutes away. I would stay away from Catalina, even though it has some amenities and is near Oro Valley. Oracle is farther north, and not too near amenities.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:12 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,471,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
You might look west of Oro Valley, along Lambert from La Cholla out to I-10 or Twin Peaks Rd. In that area, there are several "ranchettes" which are an acre or two with views of the Catalinas and the Tortolitas. It's very "country" out there. You're fairly near Marana and shops, grocery stores, etc., would be about 10 minutes away. I would stay away from Catalina, even though it has some amenities and is near Oro Valley. Oracle is farther north, and not too near amenities.
I live off of Lambert and would agree on this. Feels rural in spots, yet 10 minutes from everything we need. We walk our dogs through a bunch of these yet to be sold properties.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:09 AM

1,388 posts, read 1,859,556 times
I of course would point you further south to Green Valley or points south of there such as Amado, Tubac or Rio Rico. There are beautiful views of the Santa Rita mountains, and the traffic is far less than Tucson. This is the link to my Green Valley centric youtube channel if you would like to see what it looks like from a resident's point of view: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8U...e_polymer=true

Old 07-30-2019, 09:15 AM

39 posts, read 52,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
I of course would point you further south to Green Valley or points south of there such as Amado, Tubac or Rio Rico. There are beautiful views of the Santa Rita mountains, and the traffic is far less than Tucson. This is the link to my Green Valley centric youtube channel if you would like to see what it looks like from a resident's point of view: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8U...e_polymer=true
True these town have great views, but basic services are pretty limited especially south of Green Valley.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejalciti View Post
True these town have great views, but basic services are pretty limited especially south of Green Valley.
That is why I chose Green Valley for myself. There is virtually everything here you could need between Green Valley and Sahuarita. In the event you find something missing, you can be in south Tucson in about 20 minutes.

Old 07-30-2019, 11:53 AM

Hey, there is also Corona de Tucson and Vail that you might do some research on.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:45 AM

5,149 posts, read 3,078,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Hey, there is also Corona de Tucson and Vail that you might do some research on.
Yes, there is life east of Tucson. Access to the city is a 15-20 minute drive.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:51 PM

10,890 posts, read 7,373,369 times
I live half a mile from west Valencia, out past Cardinal. Lots in my established neighborhood are 2.5 acres and up, quiet streets, friendly neighbors, GREAT views, lots of wildlife. Stores and restaurants a ten minute drive away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson