U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2019, 04:41 PM

720 posts, read 534,904 times

Advertisements

Please see this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drr-NntPIys&t=7s

The reason I post this here is because I want to make the wonderful work that Tucson Wildlife Center does as widely known as possible. The story behind this can be read in the description area on my youtube channel.
Here is the link to the Tucson Wildlife Center, and if you are so inclined, there is a donate button on the right hand side of the page.
This is the mission statement of Tucson Wildlife Center: "Tucson Wildlife Center is dedicated to the rescue, emergency medical care and rehabilitation of sick, injured and orphaned wildlife before return to the wild, while promoting education, habitat protection and peaceful coexistence with wildlife."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 06:21 PM

5,297 posts, read 12,277,425 times
Wow! That was awesome. Kudos to you, too, for taking such good care of her before the rescue lady arrived.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Wow! That was awesome. Kudos to you, too, for taking such good care of her before the rescue lady arrived.
Well, I did not really take care of him (they said it was a him) other than to put water in a bowl on the ground since he could not fly to get water. I noticed this dove pacing back and forth by one of the see-through gates to my back yard, so I went out to investigate, and I realized the dove could not fly.

I am not sure you read the whole story, but this one does not have a happy ending. TWC did a radio graph and found multiple bones in the wing and chest with multiple fractures, so they were not able to save the dove and had to euthanize it. I sure wish the outcome had been more positive.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:06 PM

364 posts, read 201,419 times
What a wonderful organization this is. Thank you for doing your best for this dear little dove. May he rest in peace in dove heaven.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:02 PM

5,297 posts, read 12,277,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Well, I did not really take care of him (they said it was a him) other than to put water in a bowl on the ground since he could not fly to get water. I noticed this dove pacing back and forth by one of the see-through gates to my back yard, so I went out to investigate, and I realized the dove could not fly.

I am not sure you read the whole story, but this one does not have a happy ending. TWC did a radio graph and found multiple bones in the wing and chest with multiple fractures, so they were not able to save the dove and had to euthanize it. I sure wish the outcome had been more positive.
But, you called the rescue group for help and made sure he didn't die in the heat. Yes, I did watch the entire video and am saddened to learn that he didn't make it.

Rest in peace, sweet birdie.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:40 AM

Thank you for the kind words Canine*Castle and wildflowers27. I was really hoping to video the release of the dove after it was rehabilitated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson