U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 04:11 PM

687 posts, read 504,055 times

Advertisements

Please allow me to introduce you to our new foster kitty, Blaze 08172019! Jan (my wife) has a friend named Judy who volunteers at Paws Patrol https://www.greenvalleypawspatrol.org/ which is a local cat rescue. Judy told Jan, that they are out of room and desperately need people to adopt or at a minimum, foster a cat. So Saturday at 2 pm, we pulled the trigger and went to pick up Blaze to foster him with the hopes that we all get along and we can be his forever home. Blaze is 2 years old and has had a tough start to life. As I understand it, Blazes' Momma died shortly after he was born, and he was adopted, but returned when he and the adopters dog could not get along. You can read Blaze's story here: https://www.adoptapet.com/pet/2566965... If you have considered adopting or fostering, now is the time to do it. Monetary donations are always welcome, and other donation and volunteer options are listed on the website above. Please help if you can!!!

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 12:10 AM

5,296 posts, read 12,242,713 times
Awww, pretty boy!

Old 08-22-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Awww, pretty boy!
Thanks for the kind comment! He is a pretty boy, and a pretty good boy too!

Old 08-22-2019, 10:37 AM

8,776 posts, read 10,503,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Please allow me to introduce you to our new foster kitty, Blaze 08172019! Jan (my wife) has a friend named Judy who volunteers at Paws Patrol https://www.greenvalleypawspatrol.org/ which is a local cat rescue. Judy told Jan, that they are out of room and desperately need people to adopt or at a minimum, foster a cat. So Saturday at 2 pm, we pulled the trigger and went to pick up Blaze to foster him with the hopes that we all get along and we can be his forever home. Blaze is 2 years old and has had a tough start to life. As I understand it, Blazes' Momma died shortly after he was born, and he was adopted, but returned when he and the adopters dog could not get along. You can read Blaze's story here: https://www.adoptapet.com/pet/2566965... If you have considered adopting or fostering, now is the time to do it. Monetary donations are always welcome, and other donation and volunteer options are listed on the website above. Please help if you can!!!

Last weekend Sedona Humane Society was having a 'special' on adoptions for only $17 per cat/dog. I jumped on it and came home with two of the cutest little coal black kitties. I've never had all black cats before and I think they get a bad rap sometimes. They are identical except the little girl is missing the very tip of her tail so it's squared off and sometimes that's the only way to tell them apart when they are together. Which isn't often because little girl isn't exactly the friendliest. I thought they were siblings but are one month apart in age. Probably same dad and different moms. They are rescues from the fire in Flagstaff a couple months ago. Anyway, little girl acts more like a feral cat than domestic so I'm giving her plenty of room and time. Little boy is 180 different! He's with me ALLLL the time, is a little love bug and just 'full of it'. She stays hidden most of the time but does come out to eat, drink and potty. I just watch, no sudden moves, etc.. Hopefully she'll get used to us soon. They've both had all their shots and neutered so that's an expense I won't have to face.

My last cat died over a year ago from cancer. She was 20 years old so had a good long life and 13 of those years with me. I have strictly indoor cats and I believe that probably is a big factor in a "long life" around here. I've been wanting another one, or two, for a long time. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of these two. If I can ever get little girl "civilized". lol

Old 08-22-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Last weekend Sedona Humane Society was having a 'special' on adoptions for only $17 per cat/dog. I jumped on it and came home with two of the cutest little coal black kitties. I've never had all black cats before and I think they get a bad rap sometimes. They are identical except the little girl is missing the very tip of her tail so it's squared off and sometimes that's the only way to tell them apart when they are together. Which isn't often because little girl isn't exactly the friendliest. I thought they were siblings but are one month apart in age. Probably same dad and different moms. They are rescues from the fire in Flagstaff a couple months ago. Anyway, little girl acts more like a feral cat than domestic so I'm giving her plenty of room and time. Little boy is 180 different! He's with me ALLLL the time, is a little love bug and just 'full of it'. She stays hidden most of the time but does come out to eat, drink and potty. I just watch, no sudden moves, etc.. Hopefully she'll get used to us soon. They've both had all their shots and neutered so that's an expense I won't have to face.

My last cat died over a year ago from cancer. She was 20 years old so had a good long life and 13 of those years with me. I have strictly indoor cats and I believe that probably is a big factor in a "long life" around here. I've been wanting another one, or two, for a long time. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of these two. If I can ever get little girl "civilized". lol
Congratulations to you AZDesertBrat! It sounds like you will have your hands full! Any chance you might reply and add a couple of pics????? Thank you for having a kind soul!!!

Old 08-22-2019, 02:42 PM

316 posts, read 173,692 times
What a sweet boy Blaze is, and so handsome! Looks like he's settling in well (and hit the lottery with bedding choices and toys). Kudos to both of you and much good companionship ahead.

I learned about Paws Patrol in the GV News where they profile some of their adoptable cats each week. They are a great organization and very much needed. I will donate again, thank you for this story on how Blaze came to live with you. I also learned about Amazon Smile from Paws Patrol and have set PP as my charity of choice (Amazon makes a small donation to the charity each time you make a purchase).

Thank you, bkolodzi and AZDesertBrat, for your kindness. You made my day.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
What a sweet boy Blaze is, and so handsome! Looks like he's settling in well (and hit the lottery with bedding choices and toys). Kudos to both of you and much good companionship ahead.

I learned about Paws Patrol in the GV News where they profile some of their adoptable cats each week. They are a great organization and very much needed. I will donate again, thank you for this story on how Blaze came to live with you. I also learned about Amazon Smile from Paws Patrol and have set PP as my charity of choice (Amazon makes a small donation to the charity each time you make a purchase).

Thank you, bkolodzi and AZDesertBrat, for your kindness. You made my day.
Thanks wildflowers27! You are also a kind soul. Thanks for the info about Amazon Smile, I will pass that on to my wife as she is an Amazon Prime member and frequent customer!

Old 08-22-2019, 04:07 PM

5,771 posts, read 1,914,034 times
We have 2 cats, Penelope and Bianca, plus 3 others that come into our green house where we set out food. Rufus is a feral black and white cat that we would love to tame a little so we could put a flea collar on him. So far we can get a foot away but that's it. His back is a mess, completely fur-less. We also have 2 or 3 other strays that come in. On top of that we have raccoons that come in to eat. We go through about 25 lbs of dry food a month.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
We have 2 cats, Penelope and Bianca, plus 3 others that come into our green house where we set out food. Rufus is a feral black and white cat that we would love to tame a little so we could put a flea collar on him. So far we can get a foot away but that's it. His back is a mess, completely fur-less. We also have 2 or 3 other strays that come in. On top of that we have raccoons that come in to eat. We go through about 25 lbs of dry food a month.

Thank you for your kindness to the animals! My wife and I moved to AZ from the Willamette Valley, specifically Jefferson, OR. All the best with Rufus!!!

Old 08-23-2019, 08:27 AM

5,771 posts, read 1,914,034 times
It's a pleasure to help these cats out. I noticed he seems to be healing so flea season must be on the decline.

We live in Oakridge which is about 40 miles south east of Eugene. I worked for Oregon Fish and Wildlife, so we moved all over the state in 31 years. We actually started in Oakridge in 1980, then moved to Leaburg Hatchery on the McKenzie river, Cole Rivers hatchery on the Rogue, Nehalem Hatchery on the Nehalem River and finished out my career at Leaburg Hatchery until 2011. We've had cats for as long as I can remember. Our cat Penelope was a feral cat who finally adopted us. She's been with us for about 12 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson