U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 01:18 PM

3,775 posts, read 6,319,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
OP already stated that he doesn't mind having his hands on a steering wheel for 30-45 minutes, and that's his prerogative. As the Oro Valley area expands, there will eventually be a greater choice of restaurants, distractions, unless a good portion of its populace is snow birds, like Green Valley.
People often don't realize how inconvenient a commute is until they experience it everyday. 40 minutes via highway feels a lot different than 40 minutes down a clogged 6-lane street where you run into stop lights every 3 minutes.

In the honeymoon phase of planning out a new location to live, it seems doable. Give it two months and you'll likely be glad someone at least mentioned it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 02:02 PM

401 posts, read 393,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
People often don't realize how inconvenient a commute is until they experience it everyday. 40 minutes via highway feels a lot different than 40 minutes down a clogged 6-lane street where you run into stop lights every 3 minutes.

In the honeymoon phase of planning out a new location to live, it seems doable. Give it two months and you'll likely be glad someone at least mentioned it.
Additionally, other people will read this post down the line and might appreciate a variety of opinions.

Old 11-15-2019, 04:39 PM

61 posts, read 29,399 times
Default Considering moving to Tucson

Hello Everybody,

My mom and I are in a bad situation, we recently got evicted from an apartment in Glendale, AZ and all the apartment complexes up here have no eviction forgiveness at apartments and the cities don't offer any help either! So we are in a tough spot, and we did a little research into Tucson. We found that Tucson has a bunch of apartments that offer eviction forgiveness and I called a few I was shocked that they actually do! Also, we don't have a big budget for an apartment either, it is getting really expensive up here in the valley which is why we are thinking of heading down there. Is it a good idea? Because I heard that there is also a lot of homeless people there and it's also going up in costs just like the valley is. Is that true? Thank you so much for reading this, and hope to hear from you soon lol.

Old 12-08-2019, 03:41 PM

1,986 posts, read 1,583,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulippsy View Post
I believe it’s part of the same fear that some people in southern Oregon have which is that too many people (i.e. Californians) are moving in to escape the fires, the COL, people, politics, whatever. And they will spoil the “hidden secret” that is their town/city. I suppose it’s a legit concern in terms of infrastructure. But I think it’s more than that. They’re afraid of losing local culture. Anyway, jmo.
The only hidden secret southern Oregon tries to keep is that it is full of klan , white supremacists . I came from the south LONG ago but 10 months in that hole was like 10 decades . NO services, backwards people complaining about Californians ,hawking trump merch on alot of corners . Gross .
They don't even know who the Californians are .
The whole exp was terrible . Healthcare was non existent .

Old 12-14-2019, 09:32 PM

9,728 posts, read 18,797,027 times
My daughter and her husband live in Vail, just on the SE edge of Tucson. It seems like a nice area. It is far enough out that you'd want to be careful with outdoor pets, as they had one of their small dogs, inside a 6-foot fence, killed by either a coyote or puma a couple years ago. They had a Saint Bernard in the yard just for such things, but he was either too slow or fast asleep. Seems like a very nice area, and they have great neighbors.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:45 AM

311 posts, read 442,599 times
Oro Valley was ok, but getting downtown when we visited was a pain in the arse. Especially if you had to fight those lights every day.

Old 01-12-2020, 04:42 AM

44 posts, read 52,876 times
I would recommend the eastern side of the Catalina Foothills - Sabino Canyon/Ventana Canyon over Oro Valley. Peaceful and quiet. Just my opinion, but Oro Valley is very generic with newer housing communities (all homes nearly identical and swiftly and poorly built), overfilled to the brim with identical retail chains, and it just lacks character. I refuse to hike some of the Oro Valley trails due to the droning sound of traffic on Oracle Road.

But it all depends on what you are looking for OP. Take my opinion with a grain of salt as previous posters obviously see something they like in Oro Valley.

There are a lot of lovely places to live in Tucson, especially for a physician. Look at numerous neighborhoods before deciding on Oro Valley. It always pays to research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson