U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 06:01 AM

3,114 posts, read 2,015,104 times

Advertisements

Mobile homes are thankfully restricted to trailer parks in Santa Cruz County...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 07:59 PM

5,840 posts, read 4,280,328 times
I have found that the only thing you can really do is try it out. I first investigated Arizona because a person I vaguely knew had moved here.

I'm not in love with Sierra Vista, mainly because the clinic I go to keeps referring me to Tucson doctors. So, it makes sense for me to move to Tucson. Also, I have not found a good car repair shop. Thankfully my car has only needed oil changes but the couple I have gone to have tried to talk me into elaborate, costly expenditures. I'm hoping I'll be able to find an honest mechanic in Tucson.

Before I moved here from small town Minnesota, my mechanics there, who had serviced the car from day one, gave it a thorough going over. The car was in A-1 condition when I left and nothing has changed. I am paranoid about the mechanics here though.

Three different garages, three different opinions of the things I should have done. All expensive, none needed in Minnesota.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:18 PM

5,296 posts, read 12,228,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I have found that the only thing you can really do is try it out. I first investigated Arizona because a person I vaguely knew had moved here.

I'm not in love with Sierra Vista, mainly because the clinic I go to keeps referring me to Tucson doctors. So, it makes sense for me to move to Tucson. Also, I have not found a good car repair shop. Thankfully my car has only needed oil changes but the couple I have gone to have tried to talk me into elaborate, costly expenditures. I'm hoping I'll be able to find an honest mechanic in Tucson.

Before I moved here from small town Minnesota, my mechanics there, who had serviced the car from day one, gave it a thorough going over. The car was in A-1 condition when I left and nothing has changed. I am paranoid about the mechanics here though.

Three different garages, three different opinions of the things I should have done. All expensive, none needed in Minnesota.
Well, it's good to know you like Arizona enough to stay there even if you need to leave Sierra Vista.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:50 AM

20,279 posts, read 23,818,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post

I think you'll enjoy and appreciate Tucson far more than Sierra Vista, and there's lots of nice, respectable, well-maintained apartment complexes right here in Central Tucson. Let me know when you arrive and I'll even help you unload and get resettled. And that's a promise! After all, we're both refugees from MN! Get your Senior Bus pass and every ride will only be 75 cents.

Old 12-24-2019, 07:02 PM

427 posts, read 533,622 times
I saw a post in this thread that mentioned Snake removal. I was in Green Valley for the weekend checking out Quail Creek. My realtor said she hadn't seen a snake after 2 yrs of living in the Tucson area. (she doesn't live in QC tho)

I was thinking that homes next to a wash, or undeveloped land, or next to the golf course, or even new builds are more likely to see snakes. If I'm in the older section of the development with block walls around the property, are my chances pretty slim for having snake visitors? I currently live in Las Vegas …. scorpions are my headache here.

Old 12-25-2019, 08:43 AM

683 posts, read 497,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longton52 View Post
I saw a post in this thread that mentioned Snake removal. I was in Green Valley for the weekend checking out Quail Creek. My realtor said she hadn't seen a snake after 2 yrs of living in the Tucson area. (she doesn't live in QC tho)

I was thinking that homes next to a wash, or undeveloped land, or next to the golf course, or even new builds are more likely to see snakes. If I'm in the older section of the development with block walls around the property, are my chances pretty slim for having snake visitors? I currently live in Las Vegas …. scorpions are my headache here.
I would say your logic is pretty spot on.....but that is not a guarantee that you will never see a snake if you live in town with a brick wall. You will be much less likely to see one in that case, but again, no guarantee!!!

Old 12-25-2019, 01:16 PM

Thank you !
and Merry Christmas !

Old 12-25-2019, 02:30 PM

683 posts, read 497,073 times
Quote:
Thank you !
and Merry Christmas !
And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!!!

Old 12-25-2019, 03:47 PM

15,166 posts, read 25,977,063 times
Quote:

I live in a very well developed area of Green Valley and we had a rattlesnake appear in our driveway last month. We live in their neighborhood and need to accept that.

The young lady from the GVFD arrived in about 10 minutes and removed it. It was relocated into one of the arroyos.

Old 12-25-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I live in a very well developed area of Green Valley and we had a rattlesnake appear in our driveway last month. We live in their neighborhood and need to accept that.

The young lady from the GVFD arrived in about 10 minutes and removed it. It was relocated into one of the arroyos.
I didn't say it wouldn't/couldn't happen; but more likely to happen in the the areas I mentioned.
So you had one last month …. how many since you have lived there ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson