U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 10:49 PM

15,164 posts, read 25,968,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrightt View Post
I’m also planning on moving to GV. Visited Tucson, Sierra Vista, Patagonia, and Scottsdale. Coming from Vegas. Can I ask? Looking for a townhouse and will have a realtor. However want to be sure. Looking for a small 2 bedroom and I don’t want a lot of yard. What area is best. Oh and the GVR. Is it worth the cost. I’m seeing some houses have it others don’t. Thank you
If you are looking for a small townhouse and two bedrooms, there are a number of places in Desert Hills that will fill the bill easily. However, there are a half dozen other HOAs around Green Valley that would also work.

Is GVR worth it? Absolutely as it is the reason why I moved to the community. I want to live an active lifestyle and use the pools, gyms, and many social clubs quite often.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 12:10 PM

4,248 posts, read 9,879,227 times
I have been here in Green Valley since Thurs., I'm leaving tomorrow.

I'm here to look at houses and the townhouses up to about $230,000 and over 1100 sq. ft. are selling immediately, sometimes in multiple offers Some sold the night before I was supposed to see them and others sold the day I saw them.

There may be more of the villas at 550 and 750 square feet for sale. I want to move here but am scared to sell my house in the Verde Valley and not be able to get one here.

Old 02-22-2020, 03:30 PM

427 posts, read 533,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post

I'm here to look at houses and the townhouses up to about $230,000 and over 1100 sq. ft. are selling immediately, sometimes in multiple offers Some sold the night before I was supposed to see them and others sold the day I saw them.

There may be more of the villas at 550 and 750 square feet for sale. I want to move here but am scared to sell my house in the Verde Valley and not be able to get one here.

I feel your pain ! I'm looking for a specific model in Quail Creek and plan to list my house in early June.
So my situation is similar to yours …. what to do if my house sells and I haven't bought a new home yet.
I have 2 large-ish dogs so staying in a hotel for a month isn't a great option.

For some reason, I'm not too worried about it. I'm really looking forward to the move so this will be one of those little problems that we have to deal with. It will work out …..there will be a solution.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:40 PM

504 posts, read 460,502 times
Quote:

I just checked tarmls.com and put in what you said your criteria was and there are 56 active listings in Green Valley
MLS of Southern Arizona-Property Search

Is there a particular neighborhood or style your looking for?

Old 02-23-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerd2 View Post
I just checked tarmls.com and put in what you said your criteria was and there are 56 active listings in Green Valley
MLS of Southern Arizona-Property Search

Is there a particular neighborhood or style your looking for?
Are you a realtor? They have more up to date info. All I am looking for is about 1400 sq ft. (give or take but prefer not take) preferably with a view and not ancient if not updated, and bonus if it has a den. The stuff that is good is selling almost immediately. There are some that I saw that are ugly, overpriced or backing on to the freeway. I will only buy something with good resale value which are the ones that are flying off the shelf. I liked the Desert Hills and Canoa Ranch 2 complexes but didn't see them all.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:22 PM

504 posts, read 460,502 times
Quote:
Are you a realtor? They have more up to date info. All I am looking for is about 1400 sq ft. (give or take but prefer not take) preferably with a view and not ancient if not updated, and bonus if it has a den. The stuff that is good is selling almost immediately. There are some that I saw that are ugly, overpriced or backing on to the freeway. I will only buy something with good resale value which are the ones that are flying off the shelf. I liked the Desert Hills and Canoa Ranch 2 complexes but didn't see them all.

I have a family member who is a realtor in the area. I was just suggesting you check out the link I provided so you can give a list to your realtor the next time you visit. Its the same MLS system that the realtors use. Its true that some realtors have more up to date info if they know of a listing that is coming up and it hasn't been listed on that site yet. My family member says its helpful when the client gives them a list of homes they want to see because it helps them figure out what you're interested in.
He also said that NOW is not really a good time to buy in that area since this is always the busiest time of year. You probably figured that out....lol. Of course, he isn't minding the amount of business HE is getting.

Good luck on your search....maybe the stuff that is overpriced will come down in a few months and you can find something that would have good resale value.

Old 02-25-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerd2 View Post
I have a family member who is a realtor in the area. I was just suggesting you check out the link I provided so you can give a list to your realtor the next time you visit. Its the same MLS system that the realtors use. Its true that some realtors have more up to date info if they know of a listing that is coming up and it hasn't been listed on that site yet. My family member says its helpful when the client gives them a list of homes they want to see because it helps them figure out what you're interested in.
He also said that NOW is not really a good time to buy in that area since this is always the busiest time of year. You probably figured that out....lol. Of course, he isn't minding the amount of business HE is getting.

Good luck on your search....maybe the stuff that is overpriced will come down in a few months and you can find something that would have good resale value.
Thanks Beckerd2. Can you ask him when the good time to buy is? Right now is a good time for me to sell but I don't want to be homeless.

I did tell my realtor I'd like a view if possible and I'd like 1350+ Sq Ft if possible. I want to buy one of the houses that people are jumping on as when I sell down the road it will have the same demand.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:36 AM

5,668 posts, read 2,663,402 times
We spent yesterday afternoon in Green Valley:

Walked around Sahuarita Lake (a subdivision lake, contained by cement and surrounded by houses); nice walking path, bathrooms, and a small water park at one end. Stocked with fish, you need a fishing license.

Ate at El Patio restaurant. Nice place, good food, and full at 5:30 on a Friday afternoon. Buncha people waiting for tables when we left. Mmmmmm garlic shrimp.

Shopped. The strip mall we stopped at had a dollar tree, Joann's Crafts, Ross, Ace, a sewing machine repair shop, 99cent store, Walmart Supercenter, Goodwill, at least a couple of fast food places, and lots more. So not a high income area. I'm not being mean, those are some of my favorite stores.

My impression was that everything was clean and new. Most of the people we saw were Caucasian, either seniors or young mothers with small children. That was kind of weird; we live just a few miles north, in SW Tucson off Valencia, and we're used to seeing a mix of ages and ethnicities.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:27 PM

15,164 posts, read 25,968,935 times
^^

Were you really in Green Valley? Everything that you mentioned is actually in Sahuarita.

As for ethnicity, 40% of Sahuarita is Hispanic. The three largest groups in Sahuarita are seniors, law enforcement officers, and military families. That would explain the mix of people that you saw in the afternoon.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:33 PM

23 posts, read 17,824 times
Quote:

Adventuregurl, My wife and I are in Oregon and we were in your position recently, We had a wonderful place in Green Valley that we loved but we needed more room outside for our dogs. before we listed it we tried to offer on a couple of homes contingent to the sale of our house. No way anyone would do it because everything was selling so fast, sellers had all the advantages. So we listed our place and it sold in one day, Full price cash sale!
We regretted selling it every day after that as we looked for another home. Everything that was any good sold instantly! After more than a month we started driving neighborhoods for hours on end ,looking for private sellers, seeing what areas we liked and those we didn't like. On a Friday we were driving neighborhoods we liked and stumbled on an open house that had literally just opened. The home had been overpriced and the seller had just made a huge drop on the price. We were in the right place at the right time ,we offered and got what we think is the perfect home for us and our dogs.
We put in the work, but I credit our success with having the right realtor . She put us in our first GV home in 2018 and aggressively helped us get into this one. And put up with all of our crazy emotions selling and buying in this tough market!
In the end, you need to just go for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson