U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 07:07 PM

315 posts, read 145,580 times

Advertisements

My advice is to rent for 3-6 months in the area you think you like. And than buy if that's where you want to be. It's hard for anyone to tell you what might be best for you.

I'm in Quail Creek and think it's one of the nicest & safest communities in all of the Tucson area. I can practically see Walmart from the entrance, and they will soon put in a road to make it even closer. I have everything I need in Sahuarita (rarely go to GV). I also like the fact I can spend the day in Tucson shopping, and than drive 20 miles through Indian Res. desert (they can never build on) to get home. It gives it a good separation. It's not attached to Tucson, it is its own Community.

Quail Creek offers a lot of Clubs & Amenities, but it does seem very upper middle class white. I'm from So. CA, so I'm used to a little more diversity. It's also 65+, so if you're on the younger side, it might not be a good fit.

QC is still about $50K+ cheaper than the Oro Valley area. Although prices in QC seem to be going up fairly fast.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 07:29 PM

311 posts, read 442,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dump1567 View Post
My advice is to rent for 3-6 months in the area you think you like. And than buy if that's where you want to be. It's hard for anyone to tell you what might be best for you.

I'm in Quail Creek and think it's one of the nicest & safest communities in all of the Tucson area. I can practically see Walmart from the entrance, and they will soon put in a road to make it even closer. I have everything I need in Sahuarita (rarely go to GV). I also like the fact I can spend the day in Tucson shopping, and than drive 20 miles through Indian Res. desert (they can never build on) to get home. It gives it a good separation. It's not attached to Tucson, it is its own Community.

Quail Creek offers a lot of Clubs & Amenities, but it does seem very upper middle class white. I'm from So. CA, so I'm used to a little more diversity. It's also 65+, so if you're on the younger side, it might not be a good fit.

QC is still about $50K+ cheaper than the Oro Valley area. Although prices in QC seem to be going up fairly fast.

QC is 55+ not 65+. Also, you can actually buy if you are 50+ on the 20% 50-55 federal rule. We were there in August...trust me, I have researched the crap out of it lol.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:15 PM

315 posts, read 145,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
QC is 55+ not 65+. Also, you can actually buy if you are 50+ on the 20% 50-55 federal rule. We were there in August...trust me, I have researched the crap out of it lol.
I wasn't referring to the age to buy here, but the age of most people that live here.

And IIRC what I was told from the sales office, you can actually buy a new build if your 45, but have to be 55+ to buy used.

Old 01-17-2020, 11:39 PM

311 posts, read 442,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dump1567 View Post
I wasn't referring to the age to buy here, but the age of most people that live here.

And IIRC what I was told from the sales office, you can actually buy a new build if your 45, but have to be 55+ to buy used.

Not true. That's new sales doing what new sales does. We were there last summer. As long as no more than 20% of the current population owernship is not under 55+ you CAN buy there used. It's the law. We looked at several used houses there after verifying it and we are low 50's.

Old 03-15-2020, 11:06 PM

32 posts, read 21,378 times
Default Community Decision

Longton,

Did you decide on a community to purchase in.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:20 AM

427 posts, read 533,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slice235 View Post
Longton,

Did you decide on a community to purchase in.
Yes,I did. I spent another weekend in the Tucson area checking out a few more neighborhoods. So I've seen Oro Valley, Marana, Dove Mtn and Vail. Quail Creek is definitely the one for me. Now it's just a question of waiting for the right house to come along.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:09 PM

96 posts, read 268,341 times
Saddlebrooke has more to offer. Check it out before deciding. We looked at em all.
Lower HOA fee for more amenities and great location. I have airway problems. Dust and air at southern tucson did not agree with me either.
Saddlebrooke has 63 holes golf, multiple clubhouses, multiple restaurants, fitness centers, variety of homes, new and used.
With variety of ages due to size and ages of neighborhoods within community. Oro Valley is adjacent.
https://groups.io/g/Saddlebrooke-community-info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson