U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 10:56 PM

687 posts, read 504,569 times

Advertisements

I wanted to share the good news with you all and remind you that if you are interested in winning or buying one of these pieces of Fine Art, you still have a chance. Tickets to win one are still available at the Green Valley Recreation West Center in Green Valley. About 20 of the painted javelina were already sold in a silent auction, but there are about 20 more (including two sets of babies) that will sold in a live auction at the Tubac Center of the Arts - #9 Plaza Rd. Tubac, AZ. Doors open at 3 pm to obtain bid numbers. Live auction begins at 4 pm on Saturday April 4th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRxKhcl2DA8

For more information, please go to: https://javelinasdetubac.com/ and scroll down about a page. Click on the green rectangle to see which javelinas will be available at the live auction! If you want to look at all of them, they are available in a play list on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8U...able_polymer=1
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 10:33 AM

5,296 posts, read 12,243,451 times
Wow! That's awesome. Golden Girl is a beauty.

Old 02-29-2020, 10:40 AM

4,286 posts, read 2,514,783 times
Wow you must be thrilled! Your so lucky!! Do you know what they selling for in the silent auctions??

Old 02-29-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Wow! That's awesome. Golden Girl is a beauty.
Thank you Canine*Castle! I know that I am one lucky person to have won this raffle!

Old 02-29-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Wow you must be thrilled! Your so lucky!! Do you know what they selling for in the silent auctions??
I am beyond thrilled Finper! I can't believe I actually won!!! The funny thing is that my wife bought tickets numbered 1 and 2, then some person bought one, then I bought tickets 4 and 5. About 2 weeks later, we went to Tubac to buy a mirror, and while my wife was looking for one, I told her that I was going to go buy one more ticket which turned out to be number 21, and 21 turned out to be the winning ticket that was drawn by the artist that painted Golden Girl at a Fat Tuesday event where I was not present. I heard they had sold another 40 or so tickets at that event. Talk about luck, right????

Last edited by bkolodzi; 02-29-2020 at 03:36 PM..

Old 02-29-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot to tell you the pricing! I was told that the javelina that were sold at the silent auction went for between $1500 and $3000 depending on the artist which is a little rich for my blood (that is why we bought raffle tickets). Additionally, we were told that the prices could exceed the silent auction prices at the live auction. We are going to go and see what happens!!!

Old 02-29-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Sorry, I forgot to tell you the pricing! I was told that the javelina that were sold at the silent auction went for between $1500 and $3000 depending on the artist which is a little rich for my blood (that is why we bought raffle tickets). Additionally, we were told that the prices could exceed the silent auction prices at the live auction. We are going to go and see what happens!!!
Awesome! They’re so cool and beautiful I’d probably pay 1500 for one. Please post a video of your art in its new home

Old 02-29-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Awesome! They’re so cool and beautiful I’d probably pay 1500 for one. Please post a video of your art in its new home
Will do, but I cannot take possession till the end of March, and I will probably pick it up at the auction on the afternoon of 4/4/2020. Glad you are interested, maybe you might make it to the auction????

Old 02-29-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Will do, but I cannot take possession till the end of March, and I will probably pick it up at the auction on the afternoon of 4/4/2020. Glad you are interested, maybe you might make it to the auction????
I’m still in so cal till a May then moving to Oro Valley. Or else I would def go to the auction

Old 03-01-2020, 12:24 PM

4,254 posts, read 9,903,712 times
Congratulations, how cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson