U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 06:54 PM

687 posts, read 501,174 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzbjYCppjWk

I am offering this to all those who are worried about coronavirus, their 401k, their jobs, or anything else. Step away from it all for a few minutes and change your focus to some natural beauty and calming music. Everything is going to be fine. America will recover, and life will get back to normal at some point not too far down the road. Just don't panic, that does not help. For those in the US, please follow the steps laid out by the government task force for the virus. Go on with your life, do the best you can given the current circumstances, and do what you can for others that may be worse off than you are where prudent and possible.

What to Do About Coronavirus

There is no vaccine for coronavirus. To help prevent a coronavirus infection, do the same things you do to avoid the common cold:
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
•Keep your hands and fingers away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
•Avoid close contact with people who are infected.

You treat a coronavirus infection the same way you treat a cold:
•Get plenty of rest.
•Drink fluids.
•Take over-the-counter medicine for a sore throat and fever. But don't give aspirin to children or teens younger than 19; use ibuprofen or acetaminophen instead.

A humidifier or steamy shower can also help ease a sore and scratchy throat.

Even when a coronavirus causes MERS or SARS in other countries, the kind of coronavirus infection common in the U.S. isn't a serious threat for an otherwise healthy adult. If you get sick, treat your symptoms and contact a doctor if they get worse or don't go away.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 06:51 AM

19,542 posts, read 12,004,282 times
thanks, bkolodzi.

that was beautiful.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:07 AM

20,290 posts, read 23,853,307 times
Worrying is a negative emotion that can lower your immune system, making you more susceptible!

Old 03-19-2020, 08:08 AM

19,542 posts, read 12,004,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Worrying is a negative emotion that can lower your immune system, making you more susceptible!

that's one reason we need to seek out beauty even virtually.

Old 03-19-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
thanks, bkolodzi.

that was beautiful.
Thanks PAhippo, glad you enjoyed it, I hope it helped a little!!!

Old 03-19-2020, 03:20 PM

20,663 posts, read 21,469,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Thanks PAhippo, glad you enjoyed it, I hope it helped a little!!!
Thanks Bart, very nice.

Old 03-19-2020, 04:09 PM

301 posts, read 88,644 times
Nature is god's blessing free for us all to immerse ourselves into for healing. I didn't watch all of it, because meanwhile my "state worker" "team lead" (and I use the term "lead" very loosely as he has no idea what to do with himself during this time since we're working from home and he's not able to walk the aisles to ensure we are all present in our little cubicles as he does daily).

Now, since we're working from home, he has decided to suggest we use new monitoring software so that he may monitor us better during the crisis. What CA State Manager wouldn't want to monitor us even more while we worry about our jobs, portfolio, and our health and that of our families? CA State Government, cranking out idiots one head at a time.

Gotta love the state lifers who happened to fall into leadership simply because of who they are and not what they know. God help CA. Nice video, thanks for sharing and sorry for the rant. I feel better

Old 03-19-2020, 06:31 PM

7,593 posts, read 7,193,289 times
Thanks for the positive information, bkolodzi. You are much appreciated on this board for your input and attitude!

Old 03-19-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneThornberg View Post
Nature is god's blessing free for us all to immerse ourselves into for healing. I didn't watch all of it, because meanwhile my "state worker" "team lead" (and I use the term "lead" very loosely as he has no idea what to do with himself during this time since we're working from home and he's not able to walk the aisles to ensure we are all present in our little cubicles as he does daily).

Now, since we're working from home, he has decided to suggest we use new monitoring software so that he may monitor us better during the crisis. What CA State Manager wouldn't want to monitor us even more while we worry about our jobs, portfolio, and our health and that of our families? CA State Government, cranking out idiots one head at a time.

Gotta love the state lifers who happened to fall into leadership simply because of who they are and not what they know. God help CA. Nice video, thanks for sharing and sorry for the rant. I feel better
The whole point of posting the video was to try and take people's minds off all the troubles of our current time, if even just a little while. I don't mind the rant and I am 100% happy that you feel better (I hate bosses like the one you describe). Things are already looking up due to successful use of chloroquine for coronavirus patients. None of us are alone. We have thousands of experts working on the issues and trying to find solutions. We all have friends and neighbors who can help us if needed or who we could help if needed. With the availability of the internet, most people can keep in touch with someone somewhere if not by phone. We are going to pull through this and come out on the other side a little wiser and a little more appreciative for the small things in life. Hang in there Dane, we got this!!!

Old 03-19-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Thanks for the positive information, bkolodzi. You are much appreciated on this board for your input and attitude!
Thank you so much for the kind words elkotronics! Just trying to help make the best of a less than optimal situation!!! I appreciate your posts as well!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: