Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 05:42 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

I was planning on a trip down there next week to see my friendly Dentist, and isn't requiring dental work essential? And viewing the lobby of Laser Dental, I have noticed mostly American senior citizens there, from where? Green Valley (my cousin lives there and goes there for dental work), Tucson, Phoenix?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 11:56 PM

26 posts, read 26,399 times
Be interesting to see if they let you go. I'd guess routine visit is not essential. Even in U.S. many surgeries are delayed because they are not life threatening conditions. I think the border is closed to pretty much all tourist passings. and I bet even though you plan a dentist visit they consider it a tourist trip. Good luck.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:15 AM

If you're only carrying a bottle of water across the Border, do they really think you're going to travel onward with no luggage? A receipt from the Dental Clinic or pharmacia, shouldn't that be proof? I'll give it a try.

Old 03-21-2020, 01:00 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
the U.S. and Mexico are suspending “non-essential travel,” not related to trade and commerce, education, and medical purposes, at all ports of entry

it remains open for urgent, necessary business and commercial traffic.

Is your dental work urgent? I doubt the border guards will think so.

Old 03-21-2020, 01:13 PM

427 posts, read 630,234 times
From the Homeland Security web site
" “Non-essential” travel includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature."

I have Canadian friends who went thru the border yesterday with their RV after wintering near Mazatlán. Said it was the quickest easiest crossing in 15 yrs. It was as if the border agents wanted as little contact as possible.

Old 03-21-2020, 03:08 PM

5,759 posts, read 11,358,171 times
My dentist is a few offices away from Laser Dental. I've been going to Arizona Dental clinic in Nogales the past few years. I never need anything beyond a routine cleaning, and my clinic does an excellent job. By coincidence, I had an appointment on March 18. I thought about putting it off, but decided to go anyway. At that time, there was no problem in crossing back and forth. It was also one of my quickest return lines to the USA at Nogales as a pedestrian, maybe 10 minutes. No hassles from US CBP.

IMO, a dental visit does not sound like tourism or recreation. It is a medical visit, so it is one of the 3 exceptions that will still be allowed. The 3 exceptions are trade, education and medical purposes.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:30 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,797,189 times
I'll bet ya a large cup of coffee and a donut (retired copper) that you can enter Mexico (at least in Nogales) with zero hassle. And they got to let you back to the State's if you're an American citizen, so you should be good to go!!

Rich

Old 03-21-2020, 04:34 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Who will be the first American shot while trying to escape to Mexico?
Gd thing we built that fence?

Old 03-21-2020, 04:49 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Easy, I am essential, you are not

Old 03-21-2020, 05:46 PM

Laser Dental has an Arizona phone number to use, I called them early afternoon, and they assured me: No Problema! My insurance doesn't give me enough COPD meds, and I supplement it with COPD meds from Nogales.

Just like when they stated that you need a passport to go to Mexico. What a joke! When it was first instituted I asked a guard in Tijuana what would happen if I forgot to bring it along and he laughed in my face and slapped his wrist! Every time I've gone down there I've asked the same question and: No Problema! You really need it if you're flying into Mexico.

I haven't been to an American Dentist in 26 years, and so I got on Yelp last night for Tucson, and looking at the reviews of Dental Clinic's in Tucson it's hard to find one without negative reviews. I used to go to Algodones (from Las Vegas) but that long 5-6 hour drive got to me so I switched to Washington Dental in Tijuana, a one hour flight, and now I'm in Tucson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson