U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 08:25 PM

687 posts, read 501,174 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKDhFs6MK60

Golden Girl is the painted Javelina we won in a raffle as part of the Javelinas de Tubac project https://javelinasdetubac.com/ I would like to thank our good friends Jimmy and Francine who accompanied us to pick up Golden Girl, get her loaded and unloaded, and placed in our kitchen. There was going to be a live auction on April 4th for about 20 of the painted javelina, but that had to be scrapped because Tubac, like towns across the country is a ghost town due to coronavirus and the social distancing that goes with that. The auction was converted to an online auction, and you can see which javelina are available, and you can bid if you register as a bidder, today and until 4/4/2020 5 pm Arizona time. https://www.charityauctionstoday.com...-Auction-11006 If you see this video and are interested in one of the javelina, but are out of the area, if you bid and win one, I will pick it up for you at no charge, but you would be responsible for costs related to crating and shipping to your location. These are the dimensions of the javelina: Adult Javelina 45" long x 27" tall, x 16" wide - base is 48" x 24" by 2" Baby Javelinas 15" long x 11" tall x 6" wide, base is 22" x 14" x 2" I can be reached at n6347m@yahoo.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 08:50 PM

4,280 posts, read 2,502,702 times
Looks great in that space! They already have a lot of high bids but I’ll keep watching thanks for the link. Are they really heavy?

Old 03-26-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Looks great in that space! They already have a lot of high bids but I’ll keep watching thanks for the link. Are they really heavy?
I was told that in the silent auction a few months back that the full sized javelina went from $1500 to 3000. I am guessing these could go even higher which would be out of my league! Two people can carry one easily. They are not really too heavy, but just hard for one person to handle due to size. Good luck Finper!!!

Old 03-27-2020, 02:24 PM

97 posts, read 231,015 times
Thank you for sharing that! That's a wonderful piece and it's so nice to know it went to people who truly appreciate it.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziegee View Post
Thank you for sharing that! That's a wonderful piece and it's so nice to know it went to people who truly appreciate it.
Golden Girl was on display at the Tubac Center for the Arts booth at the Tubac Art fair back in February where raffle tickets were for sale for $100 each which is not cheap. My wife and I decided to buy 4, so we got tickets 1,2,4,5 (yes, someone got in there and got number 3), only 100 tickets were made available.. A couple of weeks later we were in Tubac again for something else and while my wife was looking around, I went to the Tubac Center for the Arts and bought one more ticket #21 which ended up being the winning ticket!!! We know we are lucky to have Golden Girl in our home, and we will take very good care of her!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Golden Girl comes home and Blaze the Wonder Cat gives her a close inspection! 03262020-gg-small.jpg  

Old 03-29-2020, 11:24 PM

3,407 posts, read 8,555,130 times
I was on a bicycle ride way out on the east side of Tucson today, pedaling through the beautiful Forty Niners Country Club Estates neighborhood. Big bucks needed to live there. I spotted a painted Javelina sculpture that looked a lot like your golden girl, placed in a front garden. Next time I pedal by there I'll stop and snap a pic and see if I can post it here.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I was on a bicycle ride way out on the east side of Tucson today, pedaling through the beautiful Forty Niners Country Club Estates neighborhood. Big bucks needed to live there. I spotted a painted Javelina sculpture that looked a lot like your golden girl, placed in a front garden. Next time I pedal by there I'll stop and snap a pic and see if I can post it here.
That would be cool recycled! I would love to see it!!!

Old 04-04-2020, 04:14 PM

3,407 posts, read 8,555,130 times

Here are a couple of pics I snapped today of the painted Javelina that I spotted on my bike ride a week or so ago. Sadly, on my bike ride today I saw a real Javelina that had been run over a short time earlier along Catalina Mtn Highway near Snyder Rd.

Old 04-05-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post

Here are a couple of pics I snapped today of the painted Javelina that I spotted on my bike ride a week or so ago. Sadly, on my bike ride today I saw a real Javelina that had been run over a short time earlier along Catalina Mtn Highway near Snyder Rd.
Cool painted javelina! It does not look like it was one of the javelina de Tubac group, but still very cool! The auction for the Tubac painted javelina ended yesterday at 5 pm and raised more than $47,000 for the Tubac Center for the Arts and other non profit organizations. To see which javelina sold for what price, you can go to: https://www.charityauctionstoday.com...-Auction-11006

Sorry to hear about the javelina that was hit on the road, sometimes those kind of things cannot be helped. The desert will take it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson