U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 10:52 AM

491 posts, read 665,791 times

Advertisements

I am speechless.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 11:14 AM

3,775 posts, read 6,333,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And, yes, my luck may run out some day, and then I won't be around for the next virus, which, you can bet on it, is on its way already.
Except it's not about your luck. You're statistically likely to be fine. With a mortality rate is 2-6% dependent on the current resources available in hot spot cities versus the current mortality rate nationwide, you're statistically likely to be fine. But, as an example, if you spread it to 25 people, you are statistically likely to kill 1 person. Maybe their luck wasn't as good as yours.

Don't think you'll spread it to 25 people? Patient 31 in South Korea spread it to over 1,100 people. Berlin's first case is presumed to be someone who spread it to 16 people in 1 night club in 1 hour.

Again, what people are trying to explain to you and your 5 compadres is that it's not about any of you.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:11 PM

7,985 posts, read 13,783,497 times
I've already answered you in the main AZ forum and the answer remains the same. Group gatherings of any size are not permitted. Read the order yourself and let us know where exactly the allowance is for group gatherings. You've perfectly illustrated why mandates are needed as common sense is clearly uncommon. Will you and your six accessories at least stay in your trailer park for the next month+ with zero contact with the outside world?

Old 04-03-2020, 03:57 PM

324 posts, read 177,840 times
Quote:
Our group has discussed every angle of this and we're not deterred.
This is a national emergency. If we all don't do our part, the exponential spread will keep cooking and it will reach you (maybe not) and your friends. By then it will be too late to start kicking yourself for playing cards unnecessarily. The only way to stop the spread is physical distancing. China had police enforcers to make people stay at home. If you want Tucson to look like NYC and Wuhan, play on.

Incidentally, here's an idea: For those who willfully engage in ignoring the COVID-19 guidelines, I don't think it's unreasonable to eliminate their social security payments. And certainly erase them from the list of those to receive the $1200 stimulus checks.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:10 PM

5,745 posts, read 2,720,417 times
https://patch.com/arizona/tucson/cor...tay-home-order

TUCSON, AZ — The Tucson Police Department is warning the public of consequences for hosting social gathering amid the new statewide order for Arizonans to stay at home.

Gov. Doug Ducey's order limits Arizonans' travel to essential activities. The police department's release says house parties, "not surprisingly," do not count as essential activities.

Police don't plan to charge everybody they find out. "Primarily, the police response to people who unknowingly violate emergency orders is to provide them with a warning and education on the importance of social distancing," the release said.

"However, scofflaws who clearly should know better will not receive the same consideration."

Attendees at such a party could be charged with a class one misdemeanor.

Tucson Police Chief Chris Magnus said in the release that, although the consequences of being caught in a social gathering are serious, "The worst consequence would be if you pass this virus on to someone who has a serious illness or dies as a result.

"That could be a family member, a friend, or someone you've never met. Although it's especially dangerous for older people and people with certain underlying conditions, this coronavirus can have serious consequences for anyone, regardless of age or health. No matter who you are, you are not immune," Magnus said in the release.

Although the OP asked about restrictions, he has clearly stated that he has no intention of following them. Makes him one of those scofflaws.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:51 PM

20,325 posts, read 23,913,008 times
I'm following Federal guidelines: 9 or less, no citations, 10 or more, citations.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:01 PM

7,985 posts, read 13,783,497 times
Quote:
I'm following Federal guidelines: 9 or less, no citations, 10 or more, citations.
Why do you act as if you're unaware that states can both enact and enforce their own laws? Surely you understand that states have legislative bodies, correct? I get that you're trying to justify your own agenda, but you're unable to do so within the confines of the law.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:07 PM

858 posts, read 415,235 times
Quote:
Post your address so we can notify the police..

Old 04-03-2020, 06:33 PM

17,043 posts, read 7,098,345 times
Quote:
Comeon Tij. We are older than you but you are up into the vulnerable range. We have managed ten days with contact limited to a couple of business deals with carefully orchestrated venues. We had a closing that had to go down so we opened the office after hours with no one else present and limited the conference room to only the two buyers and the notary. Spouse and I stayed outside and communicated through the door. Interesting one of the buyers was in fact a very senior physician who brought masks for all.

We will hang in their for the next few weeks with close to zero contact. There may be a couple as we have a pushy renter who wants a house we are renting. Interesting he is a germaphobe and scared to death of the virus. That in fact is the problem with him. A little concerned that he is so tied up with it that he may be a problem tenant.

So perhaps try using zoom or such. My kids are pushing us to set up zoom and start a regular set of family meetings. I expect we will try over the weekend.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:34 PM

4,258 posts, read 9,914,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaWa View Post
I am speechless.
Agree, this is just beyond anything I can imagine

OP there is a stay at home order...you MUST stay 6 feet away from the others...please for the sake of those who care just stop it. This is not like AIDS, you just have to breathe air they breathed in the last 3 hours.

https://azgovernor.gov/sites/default...nected_1.0.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson