Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 10:38 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Post your address so we can notify the police..
Laughter is the best medicine! The police won't even come to my senior community even for a burglary!
My bike got stolen, my neighbor's bike got stolen last year, and someone had their car broken into: Come down to the station to write up a report!

They're releasing inmates, Jails and prisons, nationwide!

Police have been instructed not to arrest those for non-violent crimes, like drug dealing, prostitution and trespassing!

Haven't you been reading?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 11:00 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Laughter is the best medicine! The police won't even come to my senior community even for a burglary!
My bike got stolen, my neighbor's bike got stolen last year, and someone had their car broken into: Come down to the station to write up a report!

They're releasing inmates, Jails and prisons, nationwide!

Police have been instructed not to arrest those for non-violent crimes, like drug dealing, prostitution and trespassing!

Haven't you been reading?
You won’t be jailed. Duh. You can be cited with a misdemeanor and face a fine. Logic seems to be a rare commodity.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:56 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
I'm guessing he's in Tucson Estates.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:06 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,970,654 times
Quote:
Unless there's 100% compliance, uniform regulations in every state, it's an exercise in futility. Those in states with the loosest restriction, like the Bible Belt, they come visit a state with stricter restrictions and then what?

In our group are mature, intelligent senior adults, more than aware of the risks, but none of us are sheep that can utter Baa! Baa!

It's like this, like I told a resident here, if we don't meet, there'll be 6 less people in this mobile home park as we're contemplating a group suicide, so given that, aren't our meetings considered essential to saving 6 lives?

Endangering someone? A big whodunnit case, as it can take 14 days for it to surface, so you scratch your head and think: Where have I all been in the last 14 days where I could have been effected? A grocery store? A trip to Home Depot? A stop at McDonald's? Talking to a neighbor? From my spouse who's been doing the shopping?

We're not all cut out of the same cloth, some can handle the lockdown, others can't. Think of yourself cooped up in a 400SF studio apartment (I lived in one once) in NYC! Think about that for a minute! There better not be a balcony attached to it on the 20th floor! And there better not be a pedestrian walking below as the person jumps!

Wait for a month, and then, potentially, wait for another month and another month????????

Russian Roulete? Isn't that what car owners do every time they put the key into the ignition of their cars?
I am in a 332 sf studio on the 20th floor, with a balcony..in Bangkok, with a 2200-0400 curfew. It's doable..I don't think any of the other nine homes I have bought over the years would be serving me better. Don't think I could get back to the US, if I wanted or needed to, till June or later. More worried about others.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:01 AM

720 posts, read 995,896 times
News from the front lines:

I spoke to my brother yesterday. He is a physician in New York City. He thinks he had it 2 weeks ago but they did not test him. Said he didn't qualify. HUH? Now they want him in the ER so they tested him Wednesday. So we are waiting to hear.

Both he and his wife are on the 42nd floor in a 600 sf apartment. He can't even get decent cell service up there to face time or zoom or what have you. They only go out when they have to. Taking a walk on the river walkway near their place is too crowded. So they can't even get outside for a walk.

The most disturbing thing he told me was this: Bodies are piling up everywhere. Funeral homes are using their basements to store them. No one can come claim them. No one can come bury them. They are still contagious.

We are lucky here right now but if everyone does what you are planning to do, we will be like NY by the summer. Stay inside, take a walk alone. Face time with your friends.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:34 AM

351 posts, read 320,989 times
Quote:
My guru Rajneesh: All arguments are juvenile, 2 people with their minds already made up, bashing their heads against each other. But some people enjoy going back to their teenage years and enjoy some juvenility now and then.

I should have known better than to put: No lectures!

I was involved with someone with AIDS for 10 years, never practiced safe sex, and I assumed, all along, I'd die with him or do a murder-suicide at the end. Do you know how many times I heard it: You're at risk, get tested. And? I didn't get tested until 2 years after he died. Test: negative. There are those who are immune from getting AIDS, just like any other disease.

I loved to travel to 3rd world countries, over the years, and the panickies: You need to get your shots first, and you may get on one of those crowded chicken buses with someone having TB. Too dangerous! A number of trips to 3rd world countries, and India, and I never got sick once, even eating street food in India.

And, yes, my luck may run out some day, and then I won't be around for the next virus, which, you can bet on it, is on its way already.

Our group has discussed every angle of this and we're not deterred.
This is not about YOU. It is about everyone you (and your group) come into contact with. Many show no symptoms even though positive. One of your idiot friends may have it (yes they are idiots if they accept your invitation). One or more of your guests may get it from the positive guest. Any of them (and you) can pass it on to me, my spouse, my family.

You are a selfish person and endangering lives.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:37 AM

The OP is boasting about his card party in at least one other thread.
I think he's a pathetic troll, just trying to get attention.

Old 04-04-2020, 08:55 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
All of us, including the OP should accept the fact these restrictions and recommendations are for our own well being . . . NOT A PUNISHMENT.

This entire CoronaVirus Pandemic is not only serious but downright scary.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:21 PM

475 posts, read 318,280 times
Quote:
In our group are mature, intelligent senior adults, more than aware of the risks, but none of us are sheep that can utter Baa! Baa!
Of course you're all like sheep. Sheep will follow each other to slaughter. If one sheep jumps off a cliff other sheep will follow. You're exactly like sheep who by the way, aren't known for their intelligence.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:15 AM

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...jee-story.html
Poker buddies die of coronavirus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson