Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2020, 12:00 PM

404 posts, read 480,313 times

Advertisements

A friend was talking about La Posada at an option for his mom. We have no family and most likely will need something down the line. I wasn't really up to speed on CCRCs and think this may be an interesting alternative to a nursing home. I would like hearing from GV people (or anybody else with knowledge) about what you know of La Posada's reputation, merits and shortcomings.

Thanks for playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 07:52 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,797,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan57 View Post
A friend was talking about La Posada at an option for his mom. We have no family and most likely will need something down the line. I wasn't really up to speed on CCRCs and think this may be an interesting alternative to a nursing home. I would like hearing from GV people (or anybody else with knowledge) about what you know of La Posada's reputation, merits and shortcomings.

Thanks for playing.
Wife and I have several friends at La Posada. They "love it." I knew a gentleman who worked there. All have said the same thing; top shelf facility. The residents are treated very, very well (the man who worked there stated "they were spoiled!").

Wife and I have eaten at the facilities there four times (invited by friends). Food was excellent and very varied. The campus is very well maintained, with lots of staff. I think you ought to visit the facility and look for yourself. Once the whole virus thing is over it will return to an open campus, so you can drive around.

Rich

Old 05-23-2020, 11:14 AM

Thank you, Rich.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:45 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
Wife and I have several friends at La Posada. They "love it." I knew a gentleman who worked there. All have said the same thing; top shelf facility. The residents are treated very, very well (the man who worked there stated "they were spoiled!").

Wife and I have eaten at the facilities there four times (invited by friends). Food was excellent and very varied. The campus is very well maintained, with lots of staff. I think you ought to visit the facility and look for yourself. Once the whole virus thing is over it will return to an open campus, so you can drive around.

Rich

I would agree. I have been over there several times and the housing units are first class at all levels. The level of service is second to none.

Generally, I am over there several times a year and the residents have always seemed very satisfied with the facility and its staff.

For anyone who is interested in the facility, they generally have a good number of tours of the facility each year. Also available is staff who will discuss with you the financial requirements of the facility. (This is currently suspended for obvious reasons.)

Old 05-24-2020, 05:30 PM

Thanks for contributing, jlawrence.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:34 AM

1,388 posts, read 1,859,071 times
I am leaving to go there in a few minutes for a Car Nuts Memorial Day cruise through La Posada and then on to Quail Creek. I do not know anyone in La Posada, but friends who do all say the same thing....not cheap, but excellent facilities and services!

Old 05-25-2020, 02:38 PM

I appreciate the reply, Bart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson