U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 10:19 AM

2,410 posts, read 5,148,806 times

Advertisements

Is it possible to move to Tucson this summer from out of state, given the governor's executive orders?

I'm asking since many states have limited travel or instituted 14 day quarantines for out-of-state travelers when they arrive into a state. Is Arizona imposing these kinds of restrictions?

If so, it would be impossible to relocate to Arizona at this time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 10:44 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,664,926 times
Things are pretty open around here. Come on down.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:25 AM

315 posts, read 145,380 times
There's no restrictions that I'm aware of. You should probably check with your State, the States you'll travel through, and whatever moving company you plan to use for there policy. I know of people that have traveled from CA to AZ to look at houses a few weeks ago. And someone that traveled from WA to CA & back for a family issue in April. In fact, Real Estate has been essential during this whole time and new homes are still being built.

The all age housing market is doing really well right now. A local new build community is still raising prices & have planned their next phase due to almost selling out their current phase.

55+ doesn't seem to be selling yet. So it's kind of a buyers market if your a senior. Although I haven't seen prices really drop in that market. I guess the higher risk age group isn't ready to come out yet to buy? Or they're taking the wait & see approach?

I really don't see the housing market out here dropping. Zillow just went back to buying homes in this area. I personally think we are in for a fairly quick recovery regardless of the Media doom & gloom reporting. People are everywhere right now & shopping like crazy based on what I've seen.

And I'm not a Realtor, just in the process of buying & selling right now. So I've been watching the market and talking to Realtors.

And I'm going to throw-in a little rant (not directed at the OP, just a rant in general).

I really wish people would turn off the "Doom & Gloom" News and get back to living their lives. Yes, take the necessary safety precautions. But staying locked in your house all day living in fear in my opinion, isn't a life worth living. And most of that fear is Media or Politician driven (who have their own agenda's).

Last edited by dump1567; 05-26-2020 at 11:53 AM..

Old 05-26-2020, 09:38 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm in Michigan, under lock and key by gov's orders, some of the most restrictive orders in the nation.

I'm retired and healthy, and going out and about as much as I need to (exercise, groceries, etc). But I'm weary of the upper midwest winters and would love to move to the Tucson area, if not this summer/fall, then hopefully early spring next year. I'd be renting first and checking things out before making any decisions about buying. It's a long drive from Michigan, about 2,300 miles, so lots of states to pass through, but I'm not hearing about anyone being stopped for passing through a state. Hopefully things will improve and that won't be an issue in coming months.

I think my main concern would be having to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival if driving from out of state to Arizona. But that doesn't seem to be an issue in AZ at the moment. I think it was an issue with people from NY when the virus stuff blew up in March/April. I could be wrong on that, but some states were quarantining out of staters earlier, maybe AZ was one of them.

In any case, it's great to hear AZ has opened up, people are out doing things and getting on with their lives. Hopefully, things will continue to improve.

Last edited by xz2y; 05-26-2020 at 09:47 PM..

Old 05-27-2020, 09:25 AM

315 posts, read 145,380 times
Good choice on renting. Get to know the area first and figure out what part of the Tucson area you want to live in. I wish I had done that first. I probably wouldn't be moving already after only being here a year and a half.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:25 AM

427 posts, read 533,353 times
The travel restrictions for Arizona have expired. This site provides travel info, plus links to other resources.
https://www.visitarizona.com/covid-19

If you want info on other states' restrictions, just google 'covid restrictions for Kansas', or whichever state.

I closed on my house in Quail Creek last week. Hope to move there just around mid July. BTW, I flew there for the Final Walk Thru and Signing …. the airport and flying were very different experiences than in the past. Southwest did a good job, plus I had my masks, wipes and spray so I felt comfortable with the experience.

Last edited by longton52; 05-27-2020 at 09:34 AM..

Old 05-27-2020, 11:23 AM

1,598 posts, read 2,061,463 times
I did a AAA Triptik online for my upcoming move back to AZ. When you input the start and end points and the website generates the proposed route, there is a feature which allows the user to look at the government diktats in force along the way.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:39 PM

Great info from all the posters! I'll probably be stuck in Michigan for a while, but once things simmer down, I'll be planning a trip to the Tucson area to look around. I appreciate all the suggestions!

Old 06-01-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dump1567 View Post
Good choice on renting. Get to know the area first and figure out what part of the Tucson area you want to live in. I wish I had done that first. I probably wouldn't be moving already after only being here a year and a half.
Thanks for posting. Are there areas on Tucson that you would avoid for renting or buying? It's good to hear first hand experiences from people who moved to the area from other locations.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:55 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,664,926 times
Do you have an idea of where you'll be working? It's pretty spread out here and nothing worse than a 45 minute commute on Ina or River Road to get from one side of town to the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson