Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:06 AM

1 posts, read 6,638 times

Advertisements

I am currently purchasing a home in Texas and I've had the inspection done which for the most part was pretty clean. The next thing to do is have the property appraised which I am worried about due to the falling market values. I was reassured by the sellers agent that the property will price out and not to be worried. My concern is that I've spent all this money and have questioned a few times if the seller is using me to get all of this information and then is planning to back out because they know the house actually will not price out. If this happens would I be entitled to reimbursement of all the money I lost (inspection & appraisal= over $800)? Read more: [url]//www.city-data.com/forum/tucson/319594-can-seller-cancel-real-estate-contract.html#ixzz0VJ28StPv[/url]

Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,746,607 times
You might want to post this on a Texas site since that is where the home is being purchased, real estate law varies from state to state. I did notice you mentioned "the sellers agent" has reassured you etc. What about "your" agent? That should be the person you're talking to and should have educated you on the comps in the area before making an offer. Even still, appraisal can get pretty flaky nowadays. With all the new regualtions many have left the business leaving less experienced ones doing appraisals. As a general rule, contracts are contingent upon the inspection and appraisal and those fees are not refundable. But just because an appraisal comes in low doesn't mean the deal can't be done. Assuming you have an experienced agent, they can verse you on your options if the appraisal comes in low.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:54 PM

2 posts, read 7,789 times
My sales contract is missing two initials, and I would like to know if I have an executed contract. Reason is I want to cancel it but the buyers realtor is saying they will sue me for specific performance. Also does anyone know how long that will take and will the judge hold up a contract that is missing two initials?

Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strezzedout00 View Post
My sales contract is missing two initials, and I would like to know if I have an executed contract. Reason is I want to cancel it but the buyers realtor is saying they will sue me for specific performance. Also does anyone know how long that will take and will the judge hold up a contract that is missing two initials?
I don't know what state you are in, but courts are busy everywhere, so it could take quite a while. Could the contract be upheld? If you and the buyer actually SIGNED it (never mind the initials-- whose are they, anyway, yours or the buyers?) I think the odds are better than even that the contract is valid.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strezzedout00 View Post
Who's intitials are missing, yours or the buyers? The initials are just an acknowledgement that the items on that page/section were gone over and discussed and that one understands what's in that page/section. The contract is signed on the last page.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 6,099 times
is the same true for house rental agreements? what if landlord and tenant sign lease and refundable first month's rent and refundable pet deposit are paid together a line 69 "other fee" in the standard arizona lease specified as "last month pre-paid rent paid voluntarily by tenant" then a few days before the lease is to begin and tenant is to take occupancy, the tenant finds out they can't move in. Is the tenant entitled to a full refund of all deposits? If not, what damages is the landlord entitled to - assuming they can rent the property to someone else within a week or two?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:46 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
I sold my house in CO in seven days for asking price, so I felt really fortunate. It passed the buyer's radon test, and the only thing the buyers asked me to do from the inspection was have the chimney cleaned. That'll be taken off on the payout at closing. I put in new carpet and had the windows washed and the house professionally cleaned after I moved all the furniture out, but I really didn't put much money in to it at all and I recouped it all on the sale price.

I'm not going to CO for the closing, and all the contracts I signed over the past three months have been on the computer where I signed using my mouse (the sigs for both myself and the buyers look like we were left handed and three sheets to the wind) and I'll do the same thing for the closing with just two docs coming FedEx overnight. The whole process was a breeze and I never left home!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:00 PM
AZM

95 posts, read 300,393 times
I wouldn't worry to much about the buyer as I would about both Real Estate Agents. They tend to get a bit prissy about these things and even if the buyer decides to let you off the agents will still want their commission. Not like they did anything to earn it, Aluminum siding salesmen

Old 05-16-2010, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,043 times
I am buyin a house in Prescott and have accepted an offer from a seller. We are ready to close the deal in 3days we have changed our mind we feel we are over paying for the house. I was wondering if Arizona law allows a buyer to cancel a purchase contract after signing it.

Last edited by zozrek; 05-16-2010 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: heading

Old 05-16-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozrek View Post
I am buyin a house in Prescott and have accepted an offer from a seller. We are ready to close the deal in 3days we have changed our mind we feel we are over paying for the house. I was wondering if Arizona law allows a buyer to cancel a purchase contract after signing it.
Without knowing all the specifics it is hard to be certain. But in general, if you are only three days from closing I would assume all of the contingencies have been fulfilled and signed off on by both buyer and seller. ( Home Inspections, Termite Inspection, Roof Inspection, Loan being funded if you are financing etc.) and the seller has lived up to their contractual obligation. If that is the case, you would lose your earnest money deposit. Why you are cancelling will be a moot point.

Last edited by RickTucsonHomes; 05-16-2010 at 02:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson