U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 06:47 PM

39 posts, read 51,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numimommy View Post
are center-Liberal.
lib·er·al
/ˈlib(ə)rəl/

adjective
1. willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
2. relating to or denoting a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.

Ha, if you support this administration and its policies, you are not a liberal....1980's liberals would be burned at the stake in todays liberal environment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 06:49 PM

39 posts, read 51,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
and Raytheon engineers (they make bombs & missiles for the military, so you can guess how they generally vote)
...Gotta watch out for those Raytheon Engineers.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:10 PM

7,352 posts, read 4,509,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ROMEO View Post
Is 55+ Active Communities more conservative in Tucson then Phoenix area? Say Sun City West? We are open to both areas and will be moving to AZ this year, and would prefer a more conservative city then the one I live in Northern CA.
The people I know that moved to Chico and also one to a nearby mountain town are all conservative. From what I have read, Tucson is more liberal than Chico, not counting the Chico State students, of course. Even a multimillionaire attorney who posts on a travel-related forum who lives in a very fancy house in Tucson is does not appear to be conservative.

When I think of Tucson, I think more Austin, TX than Fort Worth.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:17 AM

304 posts, read 97,022 times
I am a conservative. I voted for Trump. However, I had to hold my nose. Not all conservatives are mountain men. I know alot of my friends and family are very modern and pro classical liberal. I hate it when the left judge all of us. I also don't judge my moderate democratic friends who don't support the hard leftist policies of Washington. We have to find a middle here in AZ. We don't want to be woke Portland here.

Old 03-17-2021, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 2,346 times
thanks for the info. That describes my husband very well. He just wants to be outdoors!

Does Saddlebrooke Ranch seem like it SO far from Tucson? like the area around La Encantada or Whole foods? I don't want to feel totally isolated. How is Highway 77? it is pretty fast to zoom to town?

Old 03-17-2021, 12:03 PM

732 posts, read 316,830 times
If someone is looking specifically for the 'correct type' of neighbors, I can't see much point in choosing Tucson over any other western city unless you lived near the university. Of course, regions around campuses are always more sketchy than the distant suburbs in terms of daily crime fooferaw.

Near the school, you get a certain amount of walkability, coffee/food/bars/bookstores, more charming architecture. Anywhere out in the hinterland is just another modern home monoculture of box stores and strip malls. You'll make better friends on Twitter or Facebook than you would out in a development, it's unlikely you'll know the names of much of anybody on your street.

Personally, I'd move to the belly of the beast and put up with the hassles along with the good or find a house on serious acreage somewhere like St. David. With enough land, your neighbors' belief systems will cease to matter.

Old 03-17-2021, 12:35 PM

21,332 posts, read 6,701,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Posts in this thread seem split between anger at conservative Californians and spite toward liberal Californians. Can't please everyone, you gotta please yourself.
Sounds like fair and balanced animosity.

I remember back in the 1980's I was living in California and took a trip into Southern Oregon. At this gas station the guy working there did not run the credit cards (old school place) but used a sliding machine that made a carbon copy of my credit card. Then he wrote down my California plate number. He commented. Ahh, you are a foreigner!

This whole anti California stuff is nothing new.

Old 03-17-2021, 02:00 PM

3,723 posts, read 8,664,213 times
Quote:
thanks for the info. That describes my husband very well. He just wants to be outdoors!

Does Saddlebrooke Ranch seem like it SO far from Tucson? like the area around La Encantada or Whole foods? I don't want to feel totally isolated. How is Highway 77? it is pretty fast to zoom to town?
I'm at Thornydale about 5 minutes south of Tangerine. Whole Foods is about 15-20 minutes away and Saddlebrooke is roughly 20 minutes for me. Oracle Road (Hwy 77) is your standard bumper to bumper major thoroughfare that has almost every store you need along the way. It's busier in the winter and during morning rush hours. Seems everyone in Saddlebrooke or Rancho Vistoso wants to be the first one in line at their doctor's office at 8 AM.

Most people out here are laid back and keep their opinions to themselves. I just smile and nod if I'm out hiking or trail running with someone who shares a different viewpoint.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:35 PM

9,157 posts, read 4,884,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Sounds like fair and balanced animosity.

I remember back in the 1980's I was living in California and took a trip into Southern Oregon. At this gas station the guy working there did not run the credit cards (old school place) but used a sliding machine that made a carbon copy of my credit card. Then he wrote down my California plate number. He commented. Ahh, you are a foreigner!

This whole anti California stuff is nothing new.
Anti-Californication!

Old 04-08-2021, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 449 times
Quote:

77 (Oracle Road) is a mess, plus they just started much-needed repair work, which will make it even more of a parking lot this spring and summer. Try the Sabino Canyon area. Might be a better fit.

Last edited by Acanthium; 04-08-2021 at 02:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson