U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-08-2021, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Earth
7,658 posts, read 5,584,013 times
Reputation: 5808

Advertisements


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs_OacEq2Sk
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2021, 02:51 PM
Status: "Monsoooooon!" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Dessert
9,067 posts, read 4,803,457 times
Reputation: 23217
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandee38 View Post
I hate it when the left judge all of us.
that sounds pretty judgemental.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2021, 09:57 AM
 
Location: No Man's Land
351 posts, read 278,250 times
Reputation: 887
The Californians who are partly to blame for these staggering price increases are going to wake up one day a few years from now and say, "I miss the beach; I miss the hills of San Francisco" etc. Then they'll pack up and go home. Thud goes the housing market in Tucson.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2021, 10:34 AM
 
3,721 posts, read 8,641,841 times
Reputation: 4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post
The Californians who are partly to blame for these staggering price increases are going to wake up one day a few years from now and say, "I miss the beach; I miss the hills of San Francisco" etc. Then they'll pack up and go home. Thud goes the housing market in Tucson.
As much as that is wishful thinking, it won't happen. Know of at least half a dozen folks that work for California companies but live in Arizona. They go to the beach when they head back for office meetings and then fly back to their house here. At the end of the day living in a 2500 square foot house with a backyard pool in Tucson trumps living in a 800 square foot condo that's an hour away from the beach.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2021, 03:57 PM
 
39 posts, read 51,298 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
As much as that is wishful thinking, it won't happen. Know of at least half a dozen folks that work for California companies but live in Arizona. They go to the beach when they head back for office meetings and then fly back to their house here. At the end of the day living in a 2500 square foot house with a backyard pool in Tucson trumps living in a 800 square foot condo that's an hour away from the beach.
Agree with grmi66 here. Plus, you're assuming there will be a California, as we knew it, to move back to?!? California is rapidly becoming one of the most beautiful "third world countries" anywhere. With the dems running the show there, I see no short term recovery for all of California's woes.

There may be a very small percentage that move back, but there will in no way be a mass exodus out of Arizona. That is, until Arizona in 2035, becomes California in 2021. God we can only pray that is not the case.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2021, 05:14 PM
 
2,694 posts, read 1,285,144 times
Reputation: 9821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArniBoy View Post
Agree with grmi66 here. Plus, you're assuming there will be a California, as we knew it, to move back to?!? California is rapidly becoming one of the most beautiful "third world countries" anywhere. With the dems running the show there, I see no short term recovery for all of California's woes.

There may be a very small percentage that move back, but there will in no way be a mass exodus out of Arizona. That is, until Arizona in 2035, becomes California in 2021. God we can only pray that is not the case.
Homeless people naturally like warm weather. What do you suggest we do with them?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2021, 05:20 PM
 
3,721 posts, read 8,641,841 times
Reputation: 4868
Plus frankly once you get 45 minutes or so inland, the summers in SoCal or the Central Valley of California are not much different than Tucson. I've been to Sacramento in the summer for a two week class for work, slightly cooler than Tucson plus more humid.

The one thing Tucson doesn't have is jobs like Phoenix does. That will be our limiting factor. You better be moving to Tucson to retire or bring your job with you. When I lived in Phoenix, had a sales job that called on many of the warehouses and manufacturing plants in west Phoenix. Lots of the warehouse managers and staff were Californians. They left their warehouse job in Ontario CA for the Phoenix west valley. Pick a house on that side of town and they can make the quick 5 hour drive to visit friends and family for the weekend in California. Best of both worlds.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2021, 10:47 AM
 
39 posts, read 51,298 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Homeless people naturally like warm weather. What do you suggest we do with them?
Vet's and single mothers with children makeup a large percentage of homeless. How about we use all the money we waste on countries who hate us, W.H.O., Paris Accord, subsides for Illegal immigrants, and funnel that to our homeless vets and mothers on the streets with kids, to help them with getting back on their feet.

Unbelievable that we would pay for someone who breaks our laws and enters this country illegally to stay in a warm hotel, yet leave those who defended this great country out on the streets.

Up is down, and down is up....
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2021, 02:27 PM
 
Location: No Man's Land
351 posts, read 278,250 times
Reputation: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArniBoy View Post
Vet's and single mothers with children makeup a large percentage of homeless. How about we use all the money we waste on countries who hate us, W.H.O., Paris Accord, subsides for Illegal immigrants, and funnel that to our homeless vets and mothers on the streets with kids, to help them with getting back on their feet.

Unbelievable that we would pay for someone who breaks our laws and enters this country illegally to stay in a warm hotel, yet leave those who defended this great country out on the streets.

Up is down, and down is up....
Vets ARE offered housing. Problem is that sadly most of those on the streets have mental illness issues. They won't take the help they are offered. They are not so mentally ill as to be a danger to themselves so they cannot be involuntarily committed.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2021, 06:12 PM
 
2,694 posts, read 1,285,144 times
Reputation: 9821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArniBoy View Post
Vet's and single mothers with children makeup a large percentage of homeless. How about we use all the money we waste on countries who hate us, W.H.O., Paris Accord, subsides for Illegal immigrants, and funnel that to our homeless vets and mothers on the streets with kids, to help them with getting back on their feet.

Unbelievable that we would pay for someone who breaks our laws and enters this country illegally to stay in a warm hotel, yet leave those who defended this great country out on the streets.

Up is down, and down is up....
But that's not the angle you came at it at, did you? No...you attacked California specifically because of your political views.
Vets are offered very reduced housing, I know one who only pays a couple hundred for a nice apartment, better than section 8.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top