U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 07:48 PM

2,562 posts, read 527,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArniBoy View Post
The occurrence of California license plates around Tucson is almost shocking. I have never seen so many. My wife is in real estate and it aligns with what she is seeing as far as clients and new buyers, most of them buying with cash.

I welcome new folks to Tucson, but hope they contemplate the reasons and policies they left behind in California.
Thanks for posting this. I tried to bring it up a while back on the Phoenix forum and got shut down instantly. Glad we are finally talking about it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 09:31 PM

2,902 posts, read 992,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Boy are they. I am currently having a dispute with my new Cali neighbors. The people across the street are from San Francisco, how do I know? They have 49er stickers on every thing and stickers on their cars for San Francisco area colleges. They are renters. Some company bought the house across the street then rented it out. The house rents for $1700/mo., I saw it on Zillow.

My beef with them is that we live in Vail on a narrow street where there is no parking signs on their side of the street. The weeks they moved in there were tons of people and cars coming and going. I thought nothing of it but 3 weeks later same cars are coming and going. The front of my nice house has become a parking spot for an ugly 1982 Camaro, a Chevy trailblazer with a giant wreck on the rear end with peeling paint and newer Honda. They have 7 cars that I have seen coming and going. Some people in the house are Mexican but some are white. So...I think what is going on is these renters brought in extra people to supplement their income. We have strict rules about street parking "vehicles may not be street parked for more than 48 hours in a 7 day period." i.e. The idea is only visitors should be parked on the street. My neighborhood has few cars parked on the street since most houses have 3 car garages and 3 more outside parking spots. Their house happens to only have a 2.5 car garage which they put 7 gazillion moving boxes of crap into with no extra pad. So 2 cars park in the driveway then 3 park in front of my house and 1 parks in-front of my neighbor.

So I have never been a fan of Californians of any political persuasion. I had similar disputes in Portland and the first time I lived here. I'm beginning to think Californians are just so used to living 9 to a house cause that's the only way they can afford it in Cali that it just becomes modus operandi when they move somewhere else...

I need to stop being so poor so I can buy some acreage and not ever have to worry about neighbors again.
Crap, so sorry to hear of this. (I have friends in Vail, and was also looking at that area.)

If I had to deal with the situation you're dealing with, I'd make a call to code enforcement. (Local constabulary takes a dim view of "taking care of business" like this.)
It's a sad state of affairs if someone has to buy a coupla hundred acres to insulate them from neighbors from Hell, but so be it...(If I gotta do this, then Idaho is back in the running.)

Old 12-28-2020, 07:44 AM

3,453 posts, read 7,746,950 times
Purely observational but in my little section of a large subdivision, of the two houses on the market the past 60 days both were snapped up by Californians. Going to be another couple of houses hitting the market early this year, so will be interesting to see if they go to out of state buyers as well.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:15 AM

1,062 posts, read 890,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
California always has that opportunity to draw people back to that state...
University of California, Riverside is the best and only university with a decent acceptance rate for Las Vegas and Phoenix/Tucson students after high school graduation.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:26 AM

652 posts, read 245,769 times
Fact of the matter is that there is a surge of people retiring. Many are looking to places to stretch their retirement income.

There has also been a big increase in out of state plates in CA, but you don't hear people whining about it.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:50 PM

229 posts, read 174,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
There has also been a big increase in out of state plates in CA, but you don't hear people whining about it.
Why would Californians whine about new residents? After all, they are getting new suckers to share current resident's tax burden.

Old 01-05-2021, 01:01 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,253,164 times
I like it here in California,but if I ever move to Tucson I really like The Casa Adobes Area

Old 01-05-2021, 01:13 PM

30 posts, read 10,885 times
Quote:
What solutions? Haven't heard any from the Democratic party other than orange man bad and an agent of Russia...Oh, and if you support Trump you are racist and white supremist, which is interesting, since I am 100% Hispanic. Hmm..

Trump has done more good for this nation in 3 years than Biden and his cronies will every do in a 100 years (minus the 40+ years he has already been in politics). Facts.
He's done more good for the working class than anyone else in the last 40 years. What he hasn't done is help out our new techi uber class. Those that want everything manufactured in China and wide open borders for foreign nationals who work for pennies on the dollar for those jobs they cannot ship to China. Y'know, like Biden their new president.

Old 01-05-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
Fact of the matter is that there is a surge of people retiring. Many are looking to places to stretch their retirement income.

Are they trying to change California into something like they left? Are they doing that?

Old 01-05-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
The occurrence of California license plates around Tucson is almost shocking. I have never seen so many. My wife is in real estate and it aligns with what she is seeing as far as clients and new buyers, most of them buying with cash.

I welcome new folks to Tucson, but hope they contemplate the reasons and policies they left behind in California.
We have the very same problem here in Arkansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson