U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 01:45 PM

1,271 posts, read 1,054,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You bet they will.....I and every Cali refugee I know are ultra-conservative.....fleeing the horror that CA has become. We're bringing our money, guns and votes to AZ......
Just like how you assured us all that AZ would turn deep red during the election last year? Try to work on your prediction skills, so far they haven't panned out so great. Luckily AZ continues to trend blue.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 12:09 PM

17 posts, read 4,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrightt View Post
Then move to Alabama
Not sure what you mean. So Arizona should only welcome folks from California that are not conservative?

Old 03-14-2021, 07:50 PM

6,084 posts, read 2,885,809 times
Posts in this thread seem split between anger at conservative Californians and spite toward liberal Californians. Can't please everyone, you gotta please yourself.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:36 AM

2,787 posts, read 583,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Posts in this thread seem split between anger at conservative Californians and spite toward liberal Californians. Can't please everyone, you gotta please yourself.
Ya, but this ain't no garden party

Old 03-15-2021, 09:59 AM

375 posts, read 211,158 times
I talked to a friend who talked to a friend who had driven over to Tucson and Green Valley recently from California. They had last been there several years ago and wanted to check it out again as a place to retire. She said this time there were SO MANY more people and housing developments that they crossed it off the list. So, one less couple will be moving there. I hope it's not the case that the area is being inundated and over-built. One of its charms was that it felt a bit like the land that time forgot.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:16 AM

3,487 posts, read 7,817,680 times
At least around my house, smaller plots of land that have been on the market for decades are selling. Then squeezing in as many houses as possible on them. Seeing brand new subdivisions with as few as 25 houses in them.

Old 03-15-2021, 02:54 PM

6,084 posts, read 2,885,809 times
We visited California a couple years ago; it was shocking how many people have been crammed in. Every tiny lot had a huge house, every yard of curb was hidden by parked cars.

I'm south of Tucson, in an area of 2-10 acre lots; there's tons of development near here, HOA subdivisions with 1/5 acre lots. I'm hoping our area is too steep for mass development.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:59 AM

4 posts, read 1,322 times
We are thinking of moving to Saddlebrook Ranch from Coeur Dalene, ID. I describe it as the most hateful little town in America. You don't know "red" until you have lived up here. We moved from Seattle and are center-Liberal.

The conservative rednecks drive around with giant confederate flags to go along with their TRUMP 2024 flags.

We are being invaded from Seattle and California right now. Most houses go all cash and are in a bidding war. Housing prices have gone up 100,000s in a few years. This will allow us to buy a nicer house in the Tucson area. I don't see the political landscape changing here from the newcomers. I think we are getting conservatives escaping their liberal states. You don't know conservative until you live here, though.

It is unbearable.

We are on the younger side for a 55+ community but love the foothill area and the idea of community. Do you think I can find like-minded folks in Saddlebrooke Ranch? They don't have be super liberal, but at least a little to the left?

Old 03-16-2021, 12:08 PM

4 posts, read 1,322 times
Red face Idahopotato..i wonder if we could chat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahopotato View Post
Considering it is probably mostly wealthy republicans, why worry? They are coming because they want something different than what they are leaving, not because they want to go somewhere and make it like the place they left.
Hi Idahopotato,
We are in CDA, ID and considering moving to SaddleBrooke Ranch, would you be willing to connect and share insight?

Old 03-16-2021, 03:15 PM

3,487 posts, read 7,817,680 times
@Numimommy - I live 20 minutes south of Saddlebrooke and am friends with several people that live up there. As a generalization, the people that I know in Saddlebrooke tend to be outdoorsy guys from Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming and the Pacific Northwest who want to hike and mountain bike year round. The Tucson area is liberal, but north of River Road at the city limits and heading up to Saddlebrooke it does get more conservative.

My neighborhood is a good mix of everything. Lots of retired military and Raytheon engineers (they make bombs & missiles for the military, so you can guess how they generally vote) but my neighbors on either side of me voted for Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson