Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
I'm hoping we get down to the Mission soon as well.
If you go to the Mission, make sure you save your appetite for fry bread! And pick the fattest vendor! They know their stuff...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 04:40 PM

687 posts, read 2,031,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If you go to the Mission, make sure you save your appetite for fry bread! And pick the fattest vendor! They know their stuff...
Hey I've already told my husband your little tidbit of info on that one (based on something you wrote here a while back)! I plan on it

We've been here just about a month and a half and we all the sudden have passes/memberships to 4 places now (Pima Air & Space, Zoo, Saguaro Parks, and Childrens museum). We didn't have that in our place in Indy or in Michigan.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
We've been here just about a month and a half and we all the sudden have passes/memberships to 4 places now (Pima Air & Space, Zoo, Saguaro Parks, and Childrens museum). We didn't have that in our place in Indy or in Michigan.
If you like going there, why not. Had I lived in Orlando, I'd hang out in Epcot every weekend. The "countries" may be fake, but it's better than nothing.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:24 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times
Quote:
Hey I've already told my husband your little tidbit of info on that one (based on something you wrote here a while back)! I plan on it

The Air & Space Museum's pretty cool... well, the "air" part of it is. I wasn't too impressed by the space stuff, but I've been spoiled by the Air & Space Museum at the Smithsonian. But all the old planes were neat.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:37 PM

687 posts, read 2,031,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
The Air & Space Museum's pretty cool... well, the "air" part of it is. I wasn't too impressed by the space stuff, but I've been spoiled by the Air & Space Museum at the Smithsonian. But all the old planes were neat.
We're hoping to get back there in a couple years to take the kids. (2,5 and 7) My husband and I had quite a 'different' honeymoon. Instead of going to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Hawaii or someplace warm (in October 1998) I wanted to go to Gettysburg and then go to DC for the rest. I LOVE all the historical monuments, places to go and especially the Smithsonian museums.

I loved it so much that my mother in law (a 6th grade teacher who took her kids there every year) let me be a chaparone in 99 so I could go again! Ha!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:41 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
While we're on the subject of Tucson attractions, 'Transformers 2' will have some scenes shot in Tucson at the Boneyard! Should be pretty neat to see our town.. err.. boneyard.. on the big screen!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post
While we're on the subject of Tucson attractions, 'Transformers 2' will have some scenes shot in Tucson at the Boneyard! Should be pretty neat to see our town.. err.. boneyard.. on the big screen!
How lovely... I think I'll pass. Don't feel bad, Michael. I pass on any movie of this nature.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:27 AM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
How lovely... I think I'll pass. Don't feel bad, Michael. I pass on any movie of this nature.
Oh I won't feel bad. What I'm not looking forward to is the ten bucks for a ticket at the theater!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson