U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 09:11 PM

907 posts, read 866,955 times

Advertisements

There are not many things cuter than a baby javelina! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and a healthy and happy New Year to you all!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0xBOwHs0U
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 08:00 AM

7,942 posts, read 7,748,043 times
Thank you so much for that video of the baby javelina's, Bart. They are awfully cute. My favorite part was when the older one darted a foot ahead to try and get them to follow him(or her). That was so adorable!

Old 12-23-2020, 03:33 PM

529 posts, read 381,868 times
Thank you for this cuteness fix, Bart! Those two little babies side by side is beyond adorable. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and look forward to more of your great videos!

Old 12-23-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Thank you so much for that video of the baby javelina's, Bart. They are awfully cute. My favorite part was when the older one darted a foot ahead to try and get them to follow him(or her). That was so adorable!
I don't know if you read my text description on youtube, but when the second young javelina did not complete crossing the road, I said he "chickened out". But upon further reflection, I think this young javelina was quite brave to go back and bring the babies across the road. The part you speak of was indeed adorable! I love living where I can see these little guys on a semi-frequent basis!!! I am glad you enjoyed the video!!!

Old 12-23-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
Thank you for this cuteness fix, Bart! Those two little babies side by side is beyond adorable. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and look forward to more of your great videos!
If that video does not give someone a cuteness fix, I don't know what would! Adorable is definitely the appropriate word to describe these javelina babies and the young brothers or sisters. I am glad you enjoyed the video wildflowers27, thank you for watching! I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!!!

Old 12-23-2020, 08:15 PM

4,582 posts, read 2,821,777 times
So cute! One of the babies had a cholla on its butt.

I live in Oro Valley and moving to Idaho next month so trying to see all the desert creatures before I go. Yesterday I saw a Bobcat so now I’ve almost seen them all but I have yet to see a javelina and that’s at the top of my list. I’ll keep looking but they’re elusive buggers

Old 12-24-2020, 10:48 AM

15,455 posts, read 26,788,973 times
The day after I received my car back after they repaired the damage from my last javelina encounter, I was driving down Continental near the KFC and saw another pack of javelinas. this one had a few newborns that were no more than 3# each. Those were the smallest ones that I have ever seen. They also had a couple of juveniles that were about the size of the ones that you show.

Javelinas are not hard to find. if nothing else, you can see them at the Desert Museum. Or drive around at night.

Old 12-24-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
So cute! One of the babies had a cholla on its butt.

I live in Oro Valley and moving to Idaho next month so trying to see all the desert creatures before I go. Yesterday I saw a Bobcat so now I’ve almost seen them all but I have yet to see a javelina and that’s at the top of my list. I’ll keep looking but they’re elusive buggers
Sorry to hear that you are leaving Finper! I am sure you have your reasons for leaving this beautiful place in which we live! I hope you see a javelina before you leave, and I wish you all the best in Idaho!!!

Old 12-24-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
The day after I received my car back after they repaired the damage from my last javelina encounter, I was driving down Continental near the KFC and saw another pack of javelinas. this one had a few newborns that were no more than 3# each. Those were the smallest ones that I have ever seen. They also had a couple of juveniles that were about the size of the ones that you show.

Javelinas are not hard to find. if nothing else, you can see them at the Desert Museum. Or drive around at night.
I sure wish the javelina would figure out to stay away from the busy places like Continental. I have see one hit just north of Continental on La Canada, and one south of Continental also on La Canada. I also saw two babies hit on Continental near the post office. All very sad. The one hit south of Continental I moved from the edge of the road down in to the wash so anything trying to feed on it would not get hit. The next day, I walked by there and the whole thing was gone. I am guessing that coyote drug it off and had a feast. Sadly, this one looked to be only about 6 to 8 months old.

Old 12-24-2020, 12:59 PM

4,582 posts, read 2,821,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Sorry to hear that you are leaving Finper! I am sure you have your reasons for leaving this beautiful place in which we live! I hope you see a javelina before you leave, and I wish you all the best in Idaho!!!
Thanks bk. I like Az but OV is a little too sleepy for me at my age. I can definitely see myself moving back when I retire though. I’m going to miss our mountain range here a lot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson