U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 07:11 AM

701 posts, read 516,737 times

Advertisements

Since I had to be in this area of Tucson (east side), I figured I would capture a few minutes at this intersection to give you a flavor of what it is like in Tuscon, AZ if you have never been here, or have not been back for a while. As you can see, the weather is gorgeous for 1/4/2021, there are lots of palm trees, and the Santa Catalina mountains just north of Tucson are absolutely gorgeous!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yFU1-m-cxg
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 07:02 AM

3,435 posts, read 8,596,445 times
Up until October, I was living in an apartment about 1.5 miles east of there, near Speedway & Pantano. That's not exactly my idea of a nice place to stand due to all the car traffic, but I went by that intersection often. You were just across the street from Trader Joe's. Have you ever eaten a sandwich from Beyond Bread, the best sandwich place (IMO) in Tucson? If not, you missed out. Of course, it was a hundred times better before the Covid pandemia, when you could safely sit inside or on the patio without a worry, enjoy the sandwich, sip coffee and talk with your friends.

They improved the traffic lights at that intersection and many other busy intersections by eliminating the suicide yellow flashing left turn lights. Now you wait for the green arrow instead of chancing a dash or crash on the flashing yellow.

Looks like it was a nice morning there. Here in Chemnitz, Germany we have grey skies with 30F/-1C and light snow coming down. It looks pretty, just need to put on heavy coat, scarf, winter hat and gloves when going for a walk! Spring is a couple of months away.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:09 PM

15,218 posts, read 26,105,081 times
Nice video. The traffic was really light that day, perhaps 50% of normal.. I have never spent much time at that corner as I usually wait for the bus at Speedway and Kolb.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:48 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,647,501 times
When we first started coming to Tucson for Spring Training, we used to stay at a hotel (The Smugglers) that was where the senior living facility is. The kids would walk across Wilmot to Bookman's where they would spend hours. The Smuggler's went downhill fast between 1993 & 1997, and we ended up staying at the Doubletree near Hi Corbett. We went to the zoo often and played a lot of golf. We finally bought a snowbird condo in Oro Valley in 2007 figuring we would save a lot of hotel money over the coming years, and could eventually retire there. The next year, the Rockies announced they were moving to Scottsdale with the D'Backs and White Sox. Timing is everything.

Old 01-21-2021, 01:44 PM

61 posts, read 54,194 times
Default Thanks-enjoyed that vicarious

experience of east side Tucson. I'm way too chicken to get on a plane so no AZ until we get vaccinated. I love New England but it's been snowing every day here in the (what we call) mountains. At least when it snowed in Tucson it melted the next morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Since I had to be in this area of Tucson (east side), I figured I would capture a few minutes at this intersection to give you a flavor of what it is like in Tuscon, AZ if you have never been here, or have not been back for a while. As you can see, the weather is gorgeous for 1/4/2021, there are lots of palm trees, and the Santa Catalina mountains just north of Tucson are absolutely gorgeous!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yFU1-m-cxg

Old 01-23-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkshiregrl View Post
experience of east side Tucson. I'm way too chicken to get on a plane so no AZ until we get vaccinated. I love New England but it's been snowing every day here in the (what we call) mountains. At least when it snowed in Tucson it melted the next morning.
I HATE snow! That is one of the reasons I moved to southeastern AZ. Thankfully it has only snowed a couple of times in the 7 years since I moved here, and as you say, it is gone the next morning. They say we have a chance of snow early next week, but I sure hope not!

Old Today, 07:34 AM

63 posts, read 181,385 times
Thank you for the video. We lived in Tucson from 1997-2003, and I really miss it. Love the Santa Catalinas!

Old Today, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_G View Post
Thank you for the video. We lived in Tucson from 1997-2003, and I really miss it. Love the Santa Catalinas!
You are most welcome Chuck. I am glad you enjoyed the video! What is not to love about the Catalinas, right? They are large and in charge and I love them too!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson