U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 07:58 PM

36,578 posts, read 47,214,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
They look like small pigs, but are not of the pig family, but still, I wonder, are these things "good eats"? Just asking ... for a friend.
https://honest-food.net/cooking-jave...sh%20of%20pink.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 08:12 PM

40,491 posts, read 36,293,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm over near Swan/Grant/Richmont/TMC in a Mobile Home Co-op, we have one entrance @Grant, an entrance at the back with a gate, and 2 side gate pedestrian doors.
Recently, a few javelinas entered our community, they've eaten the garden produce from 2 of our residents. and we're perplexed as how to get them to leave.

One night, with a neighbor, we saw 2 of them, we opened up a side pedestrian gate door, and blocked it so it wouldn't close, and we saw one of them go out that door, but the other one didn't follow and went east instead.

We were figuring they wanted to escape but didn't know how.

Well, one resident spotted a javelina come through our entrance on Grant Road yesterday, so it appears they know how to leave here but are enjoying their stay here too much to leave. As busy as Grant Road is, if they're coming across Grant Road, I'm surprised they're not getting hit. There is a wash to the east but it's all fenced in all along the wash, all the way to Pima, but after that it's unfenced.

I know you can't kill these animals, but anyone know how to get them to leave?

Last Fall we had a couple skunks come into the community, but I believe they're gone now.
Are you within city limits? You can kill them if you aren't. Takes a hunting license and tag though. We just got back from AZ and scored 3 of the lil stinkers. Great Cherizo. They taste pretty good they are just kinda stringy cause they zip around so much.

Old 02-04-2021, 08:17 PM

40,491 posts, read 36,293,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
No, protect the animals from the moronic things people do. Animals need and deserve more rights than they get. Help the javelina, dogs, cats, skunks, all of them. Nurture them.

There's people that can only think about themselves and their need to eat them(animals). Protect, be kind, nurture the animals. There's people out there who steer their car's wheel to actually run over small cats, skunks, etc. I know, I know. I don't get it either, but morons like that exist among us.

Nurture the animals. Be kind to them. In any way you can. This blood-sucking, evil system of things is about ta bite the dust.

Good riddance.
This is true, nurtured animals taste much better.

Old 02-07-2021, 02:39 PM

11 posts, read 51,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
They look like small pigs, but are not of the pig family, but still, I wonder, are these things "good eats"? Just asking ... for a friend.
I wonder, are these things "good eats"? Just asking ... for a friend.

https://honest-food.net/cooking-javelina/

Tell your friend that apparently the meat's supposedly lean, but apparently so is possum meat too. I'm not going to give either meat a try, unless I'm like VERY hungry; like I mean, I haven't ate a bite of food in 10 days kind-of-hungry.

Old Today, 12:13 PM

13,562 posts, read 3,579,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've never seen Javelina on the menu anywhere.

I have known people who hunt them and eat them. Say they are quite good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: