U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2021, 08:44 AM

725 posts, read 534,306 times

Advertisements

Can anyone here speak about their experience at the Tucson Convention Center walk-in vaccinations? We're scheduled for Thursday morning. How is the parking situation?

Dreading this.

Thanks for any information.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 03:32 PM

491 posts, read 664,523 times
We opted for the UofA drive through and it was flawless. In and out in less than an hour. If you have a car it makes sense to do it that way. We didn't want to have to stand out in the sun. Let us know how it went though. I am curious.

Old 02-10-2021, 04:25 PM

880 posts, read 1,233,758 times
I had a 10:15 appointment this morning. Arrived at 9:15 and parked free in the on-site garage. You have to enter from Church Street. They were very organized. Checked in, got the vaccine and waited the 20 minutes afterwards. Was in my car at 9:45 heading home. It was much easier then I thought it would be. Kudos to all the Tucson firemen, workers and volunteers, you did a great job...

Old 02-11-2021, 11:06 AM

725 posts, read 534,306 times
We arrived just before 8 a.m. with appointments at 9. Got there early due to not trusting the parking deck situation. Turns out it wasn't a problem in any sense. There's no use going early thinking you might get in early. They check your appointment time. Everyone in the 8-9 timeframe were allowed in first having been checked off a roster. At 9 we were allowed into the line. Whitem3 above obviously had a different experience with the time. I am guessing 8-10 are the busy times. When we departed there was no visible line outside. From my perspective the line moved along steadily. It helps to have a copy of your appointment arrangements printed online OR have the confirmation email called up on your smartphone.

Social distancing was not enforced so if you are concerned about that you might opt for a drive through somewhere else. Also, the building was not well ventilated but everyone was masked. They give you a surgical mask to wear over whatever mask you already have. The thing is, it was congested so you are depending on the masks.

The whole process took less than 30 minutes. I am not including the time we waited for the 9 a.m. line to start moving. We could have avoided that but no harm no foul.

Once you go into another room to wait your 15 minutes to see if you drop dead, there is the option to set up a second dose appointment 28 days later at the same site. You also have the option of doing it online. We opted to have it done before we left. We were not asked to choose a time. Took what they gave us. This was the Moderna vaccine.

Cheers.

Old Today, 06:25 PM

93 posts, read 113,936 times
I went to the Banner North location on Feb 14th. It was a drive-thru. The workers mentioned that they had worked at all the sites in Tucson, so no place has any special group of vaccinators. My shot was given to me by a male member of the National Guard. Every aspect of my experience was smooth and well organized. Pima County has done a flawless job of setting this system up. This site is closing and transitioning to Banner South. Arrive close to your shot time. Drink water and move after your shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: