U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2021, 01:42 PM

10 posts, read 10,325 times

Advertisements

Greetings!
My family and I plan to relocate to AZ from OH next year and will be purchasing an RV soon. It looks like the majority of neighborhoods have HOA's that prevent RV parking on the property and we aren't interested in parking it in an RV lot. Are there a decent selection of nice, safe neighborhoods without HOA's? We work from home and homeschool our son so we have alot of flexibility on location. We do, however, want to be in close (10-15 min.) proximity to grocery stores and activities for our son.

Thoughts?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 04:43 PM

3,426 posts, read 7,693,180 times
You will be looking at an older home and there are many well established neighborhoods without HOA's. But, they typically have larger lots and cost more money. My subdivision is surrounded by houses that are not in an HOA.

Old 02-16-2021, 05:38 PM

Out of curiosity I did a quick perusal of neighborhoods that I know are HOA-free. To say there isn't any inventory is an understatement. But the few I found around my house tended to be horse properties that are north of $600,000.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:10 PM

19 posts, read 13,795 times
... As grmi66 said, there is virtually no inventory, and there has been a lot of interest in areas that allow for RV structures, at least in the NW (OV, Marana, Foothills) and West parts of the town with many of my wife's out of town clients. Oro Valley is tough as far as allowing any RV garage structures, but as he mentioned there are pockets there with horse property and such (Moore Road). However, again, as he mentioned you'll be hard pressed to find anything in the sub $600K range, and if you do, you better be ready to put in an offer the same day, and paying with cash....even then, you'll be keeping your fingers crossed. Crazy market here at the moment, and the out of towners are coming in heavy ($$$).

Even the RV storage facilities are full to capacity at the moment, at least the better ones, with waiting lists...

Catalina might be an option, it borders OV and has a bit more availability of "affordable" options.

When I was growing up here, if you went to Catalina, you were probably shooting guns, riding horses, or dirt bikes. Now its literally 10 minutes from the heart of OV.....crazy growth.

Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM

@ArniBoy - We must be neighbors. I've heard anecdotally from agents and friends that many of the folks moving out here from California are also bringing all of their toys. So non-HOA areas with 1-5 acres to park your RV, quads and more are a hot commodity. All of the horse properties that I run past that have been for sale the full three years I've lived in the area because they cost $500,000+ have all sold within the past couple of months.

Check out zip code 85749 on the northeast side of town. The entire area is full of suburban ranch for the most part. My parents had a one acre lot and parked their RV for years in the driveway without any issue.

Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM

16,611 posts, read 22,046,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinburnam View Post
Greetings!
My family and I plan to relocate to AZ from OH next year and will be purchasing an RV soon. It looks like the majority of neighborhoods have HOA's that prevent RV parking on the property and we aren't interested in parking it in an RV lot. Are there a decent selection of nice, safe neighborhoods without HOA's? We work from home and homeschool our son so we have alot of flexibility on location. We do, however, want to be in close (10-15 min.) proximity to grocery stores and activities for our son.

Thoughts?
I spend half a million on my house and you money be in next door and park a crappy RV that blocks my view of the street. I do not have nor wantan RV and should not have o put up with yours

Old Today, 08:27 PM

9,508 posts, read 28,363,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I spend half a million on my house and you money be in next door and park a crappy RV that blocks my view of the street. I do not have nor wantan RV and should not have o put up with yours

Beautifully stated, Boompa . . .

I have never been a "Huge HOA Fan" . . . However, I fully understand and appreciate their necessity by both the neighbors as well as the local governments agencies.

Old Today, 08:47 PM

16,611 posts, read 22,046,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

Beautifully stated, Boompa . . .

I have never been a "Huge HOA Fan" . . . However, I fully understand and appreciate their necessity by both the neighbors as well as the local governments agencies.
I have no HOA Where I am. The unwritten law is that you can park them beside the house. My neighbor has a POS that draw rats. I seem to be stuck with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson