Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2021, 06:14 PM

39 posts, read 52,321 times

Advertisements

I'll be spending a few days in the Starr Pass area soon and would like to get out of the resorts and do some hiking in that general area. Looking for recommendations on moderate hikes of 2-4 miles out and back. The hike can also be in Saguaro Park. Thanks for suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 06:40 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,472,476 times
Look up the Richard Genser Trailhead near Starr Pass, I run out there on occasion so the trails are not as steep and rocky as other trails in the Tucson area.

I normally do not pick up rocks to take home after a hike, but I figure if it's in an obvious waste pile next to where my car is parked, they are fair game. It's very easy to find a fist sized rock with a band of copper in it to take home as a souvenir if you walk around the parking lot.

The beginning of March is the beginning of snake season out here. Just be aware of your surroundings. Snake bites while hiking are extremely rare, but the snakes will make you jump back and raise your pulse for a few minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: