U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2021, 03:33 PM

3,573 posts, read 4,218,347 times

Advertisements

Having been to Phoenix now five times during COVID, my wife and I are coming to Tucson next week to see a little more of Arizona.

We want to go to the border at Nogales, and see at least one desert fauna museum and one history museum. Would also love recommendations for bars and restaurants near U of A or downtown. Looking forward to visiting your city!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 10:02 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,519,814 times
Check this out! https://www.visittucson.org/?gclid=C...UaAhZBEALw_wcB

Old 02-28-2021, 04:53 PM

4,349 posts, read 2,568,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Having been to Phoenix now five times during COVID, my wife and I are coming to Tucson next week to see a little more of Arizona.

We want to go to the border at Nogales, and see at least one desert fauna museum and one history museum. Would also love recommendations for bars and restaurants near U of A or downtown. Looking forward to visiting your city!
The desert museum is really cool to see both native plants and animals

Old 03-01-2021, 04:52 PM

219 posts, read 70,839 times
We were there last week. Stayed in an AirBnB in the Catalina Foothils and were there mostly to hike in the canyons nearby. Our hikes in Ventana and Sabino Canyons were awesome. Sabino has hikes for all ability levels and a tram as well. The temperatures are great for a visits to Saguaro N.P. West and the adjacent desert museum. On our last day we drove up to Mt. Lemmon and then visited the Pima Air & Space Museum which is close to the airport. There's and app advertised on the road to Mt. Lemmon that gives you a narrated tour of the roughly 60 minute drive to the top. I think it's called Mt. Lemmon Science Tour. Highly recommended but you need to download before you get to the mountain as there are some dead spots. We've been to Nogales before and wanted to go check it out again. Be advised that we encountered a fairly large traffic jam north of the border due to a Customs and Border Patrol checkpoint. We couldn't see how far the congestion extended so we exited at the nearby underpass and headed back to Tucson. TUS is easy to navigate, wasn't crowded, and you don't need a shuttle to get to the rental cars. Have fun!

Just looked it up. The checkpoint is just north of Tubac, AZ, about 20 miles from Nogales. Wikipedia says it's permanent and I found it on Google Maps. It's a white structure straddling the northbound lane of 19.

Old 03-01-2021, 04:53 PM

219 posts, read 70,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
The desert museum is really cool to see both native plants and animals
Agreed. We've been before but it was in the summer. It was much more pleasant this time.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:23 PM

3,573 posts, read 4,218,347 times
Thanks for the suggestions. We're postponing a few weeks because it doesn't look like pool weather late next week, but looking forward to it.

Old 03-07-2021, 03:37 AM

20,774 posts, read 7,115,685 times
This thread is very timely for me as I will be going to Tucson next month, mostly for Saguaro Nat'l Park (east and west areas). I will be busy, but if there are any good recommendations for other things to do as time permits, I'm interested in hearing about them.

Old Today, 07:29 AM

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This thread is very timely for me as I will be going to Tucson next month, mostly for Saguaro Nat'l Park (east and west areas). I will be busy, but if there are any good recommendations for other things to do as time permits, I'm interested in hearing about them.

I'm curious to know what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson