U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2021, 07:24 PM

61 posts, read 77,157 times

Advertisements

Can anyone living in the Dragoon Mountain Ranch give me recent information on the area. It seems the roads are pretty bad and the road in from St David is horrible, how are they taken care of during monsoons. Not meant to be a criticism if the money isn't there but it is a concern. Is there good water and what do the well cost on average and how deep. Are the hoa commitees reasonable people, I like the restrictions, just that some hoa's can get out hand. We are quiet people and like that it will stay that way. I suppose, the big thing is, how much needs to be invested in a well and who has the most experience drilling out there. Are there any issues that one needs to know about before building there. Thank you in advance What is the community water well for and what kind of fire protection is there?

Last edited by okie bird dog; 03-14-2021 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: had another thought
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:23 PM

61 posts, read 77,157 times
in case someone else is interested later about Dragoon Mountain Ranch, this is what i have found out so far. Obviously the roads are terrible, some washboard worse than others. 5 miles of horrible road from west gate to entrance, then a little better in development but not good. Not true that they take good care of roads. 850' deep well required, one bid for well and all equipment (including 1500 gal tank),, less electric to well, came to $51000 and a second at $47000. Neither would guarantee how much water you would get, but my builder claims that some get as little as 1 gal per hr (hearsay but i will pass it on). Other than that, area is nice and quiet and has beautiful views in much of the area but because of the time it takes to drive back and forth without tearing up your vehicle, it is pretty isolate. If roads were decent would not be much of a drive from Benson shopping. Ended up buying a good size ,,acreage in a development with better roads and all utilities at the corner of lot, saving tearing up our vehicle and a lot of money. Not quite as beautiful but close.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: