U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2021, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Green Valley, AZ
721 posts, read 538,338 times
Reputation: 1324

Advertisements

This is something that does not happen every day. The javelina hung around the house for quite a while eating cow tongue prickly pear just outside my back yard fence. Several javelina look directly at my camera and me! I hope you enjoy the video!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_RxmgNJe4c
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2021, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Mountains of Oregon
16,241 posts, read 19,355,446 times
Reputation: 12048
Some of the older javelina probably told the young'uns that you are a Movie Director/Producer. They want to be in the movies, like the Roadrunner & Speedy Gonzales...
https://www.bing.com/search?q=speedy...&wsso=Moderate

A water bucket will attract the javelina.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2021, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Green Valley, AZ
721 posts, read 538,338 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Some of the older javelina probably told the young'uns that you are a Movie Director/Producer. They want to be in the movies, like the Roadrunner & Speedy Gonzales...
https://www.bing.com/search?q=speedy...&wsso=Moderate

A water bucket will attract the javelina.
Oh yeah, I remember Speedy Gonzalez, loved that cartoon! Yes, just like everyone else, the young javelina want to be on social media! ;-) The javelina are around my house a lot as we are on one of their trails. Usually, I do not believe in interfering with wildlife, but we have been so short on rain, I did not figure a bucket of water would hurt. We definitely do not feed the javelina, but we know that some people do.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2021, 12:43 PM
 
56 posts, read 112,675 times
Reputation: 65
Cute. A friend of mine lives in Sun City and he sends me photos of bob cats and coyotes wandering his neighborhood.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2021, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Green Valley, AZ
721 posts, read 538,338 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonni0827 View Post
Cute. A friend of mine lives in Sun City and he sends me photos of bob cats and coyotes wandering his neighborhood.
Thanks bonni0827! Yes, we have those too! If you look on my channel, you can find those as well. This particular video was kind of different with them coming to the door and all! Thanks for watching!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2021, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Mountains of Oregon
16,241 posts, read 19,355,446 times
Reputation: 12048
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Oh yeah, I remember Speedy Gonzalez, loved that cartoon! Yes, just like everyone else, the young javelina want to be on social media! ;-) The javelina are around my house a lot as we are on one of their trails. Usually, I do not believe in interfering with wildlife, but we have been so short on rain, I did not figure a bucket of water would hurt. We definitely do not feed the javelina, but we know that some people do.
I understand. I have a bass pond where all the wildlife come to drink.
Sometimes Bald Eagle, Osprey, Great Blue Heron take a few fish. Such is the way of nature...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2021, 03:13 PM
 
366 posts, read 203,711 times
Reputation: 1124
They really are cute -- I love when they turn their heads and look right at you. Just chillin' at Bart's. Love watching them just hanging out like family -- very calming and some funny little moments. Nice music, too!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2021, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Green Valley, AZ
721 posts, read 538,338 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
They really are cute -- I love when they turn their heads and look right at you. Just chillin' at Bart's. Love watching them just hanging out like family -- very calming and some funny little moments. Nice music, too!
Not everyone would agree that they are cute, but I sure do! I also like it when they look right at me, then go about their business like I am not there. You saw some of the youngsters kind of chewing on each other, that is like family too. Mom!!! Jason is touching me!!! Glad you liked the music, I spent a couple of hours looking for just the right fit for the video!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2021, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Green Valley, AZ
721 posts, read 538,338 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I understand. I have a bass pond where all the wildlife come to drink.
Sometimes Bald Eagle, Osprey, Great Blue Heron take a few fish. Such is the way of nature...
That is cool Hawk J! Oh, I would love to see some of those birds. Thankfully, I get to see raptors on a pretty regular basis, but not the ones you mentioned!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:13 AM
 
Location: Sandy Eggo's North County
3,126 posts, read 1,099,803 times
Reputation: 4384
I dunno. I'd say you got more than 3 of 'em, though!

They've got you trained for water and browse. You might be able to claim them on next year's income taxes! LOL!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top